A few SMU game positives

GrandGreen

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Hamilton is legit. He may have a shot at the next level.

There was a twitter post about him last week.   It showed him warming up and the tweet implied him being scouted by the NFL and one of the Senior Bowls. I'll post it if I can find it.  

Edited by Felozano
Add link
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Offensive line???? They did about the same as last year. Fine had like a half second to get the ball out, and they could barely run block. Luckily Siggers is a beast.

o line looked about the same except they had less penalties 

Yes, the defense got to him several times, but a lot of the problems were generated by no one being open.   

Particularly in the first half, Fine looked indecisive and took too long to throw. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

23 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, the defense got to him several times, but a lot of the problems were generated by no one being open.   

Particularly in the first half, Fine looked indecisive and took too long to throw. 

That’s also true, but without Woodworth the O line isn’t a powerful.

This week is the biggest test

39 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Random thought: 

If we're not it, who does smu consider to be their hated rival?  And does that school consider smu their rival? TCU? I don't know if the Frogs give two shits about them anymore.

Considering how a couple of their posters can't stay off of here, I would say we are their rival.

Regarding TCU, next week"s game could be interesting.  There has been little talk about the Horned Frogs this year so I am interested to see how this turns out.

Edited by UNTLifer

We are most definitely SMU's Rival in football. The coaches know it, the players know it, and the students of both universities know it. From what i have seen and heard. Its the old-heads (like usual) who refuse to acknowledge the rivalry. We need to be more consistent on our end with beating them (even if its only when we're home) and just having a good program in general, so it doesn't look like we only beat them when they're down.

• Upvote 1