Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
SigmaGreen

Fine Hype

Recommended Posts

So, yes, SMU happened and it was gut wrenching to see our offense be shut down the way they were. Do you think that with all the award watchlist and Heisman talk for Mason that he put an extreme amount of pressure on himself to perform at a higher level?  Therefore with this loss, do you think he recovers and just focuses on the game? I’m not saying that it DID get to his head but rather IF.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

So, yes, SMU happened and it was gut wrenching to see our offense be shut down the way they were. Do you think that with all the award watchlist and Heisman talk for Mason that he put an extreme amount of pressure on himself to perform at a higher level?  Therefore with this loss, do you think he recovers and just focuses on the game? I’m not saying that it DID get to his head but rather IF.

He’s human, he had a bad game. He will bounce back from this,  this SMU might put some more fire in his ass.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lack of blocking protection had much to do with what happened with Fine at SMU.

We do have a retuning offensive line starter coming back against what will be a very tough game vs the Cal-Berkeley Bears this Saturday. 

GMG!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Big Z said:

He’s human, he had a bad game. He will bounce back from this,  this SMU might put some more fire in his ass.

Great point. I like Fine as much as everyone else but a person can have a bad game. When he has a bad game everyone blames the OC or the line, which is fair. But when he has his "normal" games neither the OC or the line seems to get any credit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Great point. I like Fine as much as everyone else but a person can have a bad game. When he has a bad game everyone blames the OC or the line, which is fair. But when he has his "normal" games neither the OC or the line seems to get any credit. 

Agree

Thats why I have a lot of respect for Mason when he blamed himself yesterday and praised his offensive line. I think people go into to fantasy mode thinking Fine is a one man show and in reality it’s not. But QB is a popular position by fans. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Z said:

He’s human, he had a bad game. He will bounce back from this,  this SMU might put some more fire in his ass.

This is what I think will happen too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Lack of blocking protection had much to do with what happened with Fine at SMU.

We do have a retuning offensive line starter coming back against what will be a very tough game vs the Cal-Berkeley Bears this Saturday. 

GMG!

Not really. He babied the football back there far too long, even on completions. He was not as decisive with the football as he has been and looked frankly confused at times. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to add that no receptions to his top receiver might suggest something was dreadfully out of kelter. Not even the quick route/quick pass kind of play that defeated UTSA 2 years ago. 

In 1990 it was the short, quick pass routes from Davis to Erick Pegram & others that helped put SMU away at a packed Fouts Field in a game that was even televised locally with Merle Harmon & Alan Stone as the broadcasters.

GMG!

 

go ‘smu 

F61A4483-F07D-482A-846B-68CE4B9BDBBF.jpeg.ea9fa499a7fa23c9e347c6ef0f6b3042.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mason Fine does have bad games/half. Perhaps the Smut game will provide the lesson learned/ motivation to move forward and be competitive.

SL and company ( coaches) didn't set this team up for success against SMU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn’t help Fine that SMU’s defense got to come after him as their lead kept building up. Our defense did no favors for Fine.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the amount of quarterbacks getting hurt this year, starters and backups, does this increase Masons chances of getting drafted higher? I still think he goes 2nd or 3rd round.  What do you all think?

  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SigmaGreen said:

With all the amount of quarterbacks getting hurt this year, starters and backups, does this increase Masons chances of getting drafted higher? I still think he goes 2nd or 3rd round.  What do you all think?

No way he goes before the 4th round. I say 6th

  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No way he goes before the 4th round. I say 6th

Let's see where the dust falls after this season. He's got 9 + more games to make his case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No way he goes before the 4th round. I say 6th

Even with that, aren't there two 4th-6th round draftees who are getting playing time right now? Wild times...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

With all the amount of quarterbacks getting hurt this year, starters and backups, does this increase Masons chances of getting drafted higher? I still think he goes 2nd or 3rd round.  What do you all think?

If the Cowboys Dak Prescott went down would you want a Mason Fine with 1 summer of Oxnard under his belt or the 2’nd string guy they have now?   (Keep in mind that the Cowboys have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No way he goes before the 4th round. I say 6th

I really hope someone takes a shot on him, but the odds are that he’ll go undrafted. He’s way outside of the top 10 in most QB rankings I've seen.  

If he was 6-3, he might be a 3rd or 4th round QB, but he’s not. Lots of good QBs in the college game, even if Masons numbers are up near the top.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.