Fine Hype

SigmaGreen

So, yes, SMU happened and it was gut wrenching to see our offense be shut down the way they were. Do you think that with all the award watchlist and Heisman talk for Mason that he put an extreme amount of pressure on himself to perform at a higher level?  Therefore with this loss, do you think he recovers and just focuses on the game? I’m not saying that it DID get to his head but rather IF.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

So, yes, SMU happened and it was gut wrenching to see our offense be shut down the way they were. Do you think that with all the award watchlist and Heisman talk for Mason that he put an extreme amount of pressure on himself to perform at a higher level?  Therefore with this loss, do you think he recovers and just focuses on the game? I’m not saying that it DID get to his head but rather IF.

He’s human, he had a bad game. He will bounce back from this,  this SMU might put some more fire in his ass.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Big Z said:

He’s human, he had a bad game. He will bounce back from this,  this SMU might put some more fire in his ass.

Great point. I like Fine as much as everyone else but a person can have a bad game. When he has a bad game everyone blames the OC or the line, which is fair. But when he has his "normal" games neither the OC or the line seems to get any credit. 

15 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Great point. I like Fine as much as everyone else but a person can have a bad game. When he has a bad game everyone blames the OC or the line, which is fair. But when he has his "normal" games neither the OC or the line seems to get any credit. 

Agree

Thats why I have a lot of respect for Mason when he blamed himself yesterday and praised his offensive line. I think people go into to fantasy mode thinking Fine is a one man show and in reality it’s not. But QB is a popular position by fans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Lack of blocking protection had much to do with what happened with Fine at SMU.

We do have a retuning offensive line starter coming back against what will be a very tough game vs the Cal-Berkeley Bears this Saturday. 

GMG!

Not really. He babied the football back there far too long, even on completions. He was not as decisive with the football as he has been and looked frankly confused at times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Was going to add that no receptions to his top receiver might suggest something was dreadfully out of kelter. Not even the quick route/quick pass kind of play that defeated UTSA 2 years ago. 

In 1990 it was the short, quick pass routes from Davis to Erick Pegram & others that helped put SMU away at a packed Fouts Field in a game that was even televised locally with Merle Harmon & Alan Stone as the broadcasters.

GMG!

go ‘smu 

F61A4483-F07D-482A-846B-68CE4B9BDBBF.jpeg.ea9fa499a7fa23c9e347c6ef0f6b3042.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SigmaGreen said:

With all the amount of quarterbacks getting hurt this year, starters and backups, does this increase Masons chances of getting drafted higher? I still think he goes 2nd or 3rd round.  What do you all think?

No way he goes before the 4th round. I say 6th

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

With all the amount of quarterbacks getting hurt this year, starters and backups, does this increase Masons chances of getting drafted higher? I still think he goes 2nd or 3rd round.  What do you all think?

If the Cowboys Dak Prescott went down would you want a Mason Fine with 1 summer of Oxnard under his belt or the 2’nd string guy they have now?   (Keep in mind that the Cowboys have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL).

4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No way he goes before the 4th round. I say 6th

I really hope someone takes a shot on him, but the odds are that he’ll go undrafted. He’s way outside of the top 10 in most QB rankings I've seen.  

If he was 6-3, he might be a 3rd or 4th round QB, but he’s not. Lots of good QBs in the college game, even if Masons numbers are up near the top.

• Upvote 4