Seth Littrell 'Week 3 Press Conference

Talon90

I saw Tre Siggers play against Allen in the playoffs his senior year and he was all they had for Duncanville. The QB at that time was had no arm and basically they had to keep feeding Siggers the ball. He even hurdle over an Allen player head on and it was beautiful. Not only that, he had to play defense in that game as well. Seth knows he screwed up on this one and basically kicking himself right now.

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Big Z said:

I saw Tre Siggers play against Allen in the playoffs his senior year and he was all they had for Duncanville. The QB at that time was had no arm and basically they had to keep feeding Siggers the ball. He even hurdle over an Allen player head on and it was beautiful. Not only that, he had to play defense in that game as well. Seth knows he screwed up on this one and basically kicking himself right now.

Agree.  I’m thinking if the coaches had a do over at the point we’re down 13-0 and facing 4th and 1 from our own 45 they would feed the guy who would end up with 167 yards on the day rather than attempt a slant.  That was the nail in the coffin call of the game to me.

Rick

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Agree.  I’m thinking if the coaches had a do over at the point we’re down 13-0 and facing 4th and 1 from our own 45 they would feed the guy who would end up with 167 yards on the day rather than attempt a slant.  That was the nail in the coffin call of the game to me.

Rick

It was very reminiscent of something Mike Leach did while at Tech in games where they got way behind early and he knew his defense couldn’t make a stop against a better team than what he had. Saw him do that many times in the first halves of games, and when it failed, the games got ugly very fast. That’s the bad part of focusing so much on offense...

15 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

That 4 and 1 call was just plain bad 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Z said:

That 4 and 1 call was just plain bad 

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Heck, maybe even *gasp*, put the QB under center. 

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Except our run game had been stuffed up to that point. 

I trust Mason and our WRs to complete a simple pitch and catch way more than our oline to get a push. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I trust Mason and our WRs to complete a simple pitch and catch way more than our oline to get a push. 

Except Mason himself thought the offensive line did a great job and he failed himself on his performance. 

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I only heard the radio call.  This sounds like the call where It was either 3rd o 4th Down, and a three-man SMU rush actually got to Mason and forced him into a throw...a throw he elected to direct to a WR that wasn’t even close to converting.

George was very confused and frustrated about not only the play call, but the execution, too. Not sure if this is the exact same play y’all are referring to.

Edited by greenminer

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

I only heard the radio call.  This sounds like the call where it was 4th and 1, a three-man rush actually got to Mason and forced him into a throw...a throw he elected to direct to a WR that wasn’t even close to converting.

George was very confused and frustrated about not only the play call, but the execution, too. Not sure if this is the exact same play y’all are referring to.

That’s the play

24 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t care what Fine said about the OL. SMUt got pressure with rushing only 3 or 4 and that is absolutely unacceptable. 

He is being a leader, and he is great at it.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1