Beyond The Green: Game Rewind Week 2

Talon90

What a coming out party for Tre Siggers. The highlight film was stunning. On his best runs, he took on (and beat) about half of the SMU defense. Why is it that our line can't do the same thing to the one guy in front of them?

I hate to say it, but I think the Heisman campaign is pretty much over.  As much as everyone loves Mason Fine and his gaudy numbers, he looked pretty ordinary against a pseudo-NFL team. 

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Since always. 

https://www.heisman.com/heisman-trust/

Now granted when a guy like Jameis Winston gets the nod it kind of makes a mockery out of that criteria. But it's a part of the award. 

The unwritten part is that you have to play for a P5

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Since always. 

https://www.heisman.com/heisman-trust/

Now granted when a guy like Jameis Winston gets the nod it kind of makes a mockery out of that criteria. But it's a part of the award. 

Thus my point, Winston proves that character isn't really a big part of it.

39 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Fine wasn't going to win the Heisman, but I thought it would be great if he could get invited to New York. He deserves it on character alone.

....and in the case of Johnny Football, the committee confused "having character" with "being a character".

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

The speech at the end got me fired up and gave me hope.  Great speech.

I hesitated to watch this edition of BTG, but glad I did. Like you, edcollopy,  Littrell’s  speech toward the end got my own greenblood all warmed up again. 

If character got you a Heisman candidacy, Mason Fine would most likely be in the mix.  I’m glad he was encouraged by the Athletic Department & UNT administration to allow this kind of hype to happen because he was hesitant to do so.  He knew what the odds would be but rather opted to do the Heisman hype for the school & the team.  He is one of the most selfless players I can remember at UNT. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen