Some Good News: Austin Watch Party - 9/14

meanJewGreen

I know everyone is pissed about SMU (rightfully so), we've got another big game this Saturday.

Here in Austin, we've booked a private room at the Chilis near Lakeline Mall to watch the game Saturday afternoon.

Why Chili's? They offered a private space for the green guys, was family-friendly, and wanted a location that appealed to most- apologies to @Jason Howeth (though it'd be nice to see you)

If you didn't want to fly to Berkeley, but want that California vibe (wrong part of the forum?) come down to Austin for the watch party.

Also, it's the international headquarters for this famous UNT alumnus.

Image result for grubes

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

I know everyone is pissed about SMU (rightfully so), we've got another big game this Saturday.

Here in Austin, we've booked a private room at the Chilis near Lakeline Mall to watch the game Saturday afternoon.

Why Chili's? They offered a private space for the green guys, was family-friendly, and wanted a location that appealed to most- apologies to @Jason Howeth (though it'd be nice to see you)

If you didn't want to fly to Berkeley, but want that California vibe (wrong part of the forum?) come down to Austin for the watch party.

Also, it's the international headquarters for this famous UNT alumnus.

Image result for grubes

“Chili’s, one step above your local Applebee’s “

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Hey, if you're going to bash it fine. Maybe you could take the reigns next time and plan an alumni event and call every bar in Austin to try and figure out if they had the Pac 12 network and a private space to house UNT folk. 

Just curious why do you need private space? I see watch parties all of the time at bars in the open. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Hey, if you're going to bash it fine. Maybe you could take the reigns next time and plan an alumni event and call every bar in Austin to try and figure out if they had the Pac 12 network and a private space to house UNT folk. 

Just for that, if I were in Austin, I'd join you for that. Some guys just don't appreciate the work others put into these things. Keep up the mean green greatness

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

11 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Relax and don’t be so sensitive, I swear a lot of people have a bad case of the Mondays. Just trying to lighten the mood after a loss. I’m glad we have folks all over the state getting the the watching parties going. Heck if I was there I would buy you some baby back ribs to chew on. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Relax and don’t be so sensitive, I swear a lot of people have a bad case of the Mondays. Just trying to lighten the mood after a loss. I’m glad we have folks all over the state getting the the watching parties going. Heck if I was there I would buy you some baby back ribs to chew on. 

That SMU loss really has people on edge it seems. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 5

I'll just point out, it's not easy being a fan of any other university when you're stuck in Austin. It'd be great if this board would've immediately gone to "hey, that's awesome! I hope it turns out great!" But that's not what happened. Dudes, if you can't even be cool with your own fans when they're trying to support the university you very clearly love (because you're on this board) then you need to check yourself.

All others that thought it was cool, thanks! Wish we could see you there if you're not at the game!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

To get away from the douchiness that is the UT fan.

Unfortunate that you guys let them dictate where you have your parties at. Had y’all beat SMU you probably could have flexed on them and trolled them about losing to LSU. I think you guys should show up wherever and give no f***s! That’s what we did after we beat them in Austin!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

4 hours ago, UnBEARableCalFanatic said:

Unfortunate that you guys let them dictate where you have your parties at. Had y’all beat SMU you probably could have flexed on them and trolled them about losing to LSU. I think you guys should show up wherever and give no f***s! That’s what we did after we beat them in Austin!

Exactly, who cares what other people think  in Austin. 

• Upvote 1

Bump. While I know some of you might hate the location, please come out and watch with your fellow Mean Green alumni if you are in the Austin area. We'll have mean green swag available and it will be a great time. 

• Upvote 1