How ESPN's FPI Predicts the Rest of the Season (Post LaTech Mauling)

Cerebus

55 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

ldSbxsa.png

Third column is projected chance to win the games.  

7-5 and a win over sack doesn’t seem too terrible after Sat.  Would like to see ya win the Tech game and get to 8-4 or better.  That’s another bowl team...

1 hour ago, $MU $WAG said:

Except we were competitive against UH last year, seeing as how we beat them by two TDs when they were ranked #17. 

And I’m here because y’all are completely obsessed with SMU. You want me, you need me, I’m here. You’re welcome. 

And we have yet to play UH this year, moron.  After last year's beat down at Apogee where you look way worse than we did this past Saturday, I was shocked you all won any games.  Trust me, after this weekend, I will forget about you, like the rest of the Metroplex, until next year.  smuT's insignificance in it's own hometown is comical.  How does it feel to always be outdrawn by the visiting fans?

Wait, you are HERE because we are obsessed with smuT?  You are the one here, we aren't on your board with your five posters.  Looks to me like you are obsessed with us?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

9 hours ago, $MU $WAG said:

Well we sure as hell weren’t outdrawn at home last week; we outnumbered UNT fans 4:1 if not more. 

And I don’t think you or anyone here will forget about me and the rest of the SMU fanbase; you hate us, you’re obsessed with us, you wish you were us. We’re everything you wish you could be. And we’re going to blow your doors off in Denton next year. 

Y’all did have the advantage people wise, but I can tell you we were waaaay louder (in our few opportunities to cheer) 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, $MU $WAG said:

Well we sure as hell weren’t outdrawn at home last week; we outnumbered UNT fans 4:1 if not more. 

And I don’t think you or anyone here will forget about me and the rest of the SMU fanbase; you hate us, you’re obsessed with us, you wish you were us. We’re everything you wish you could be. And we’re going to blow your doors off in Denton next year. 

We are obsessed, yet here you are on our board.  Think you have got this all wrong.

Also, I see you have been going to the smuT school of attendance counting.  The ponies haven't outdrawn anyone in since the death penalty.  Hell, you all even fall behind your University Park neighbor, Highland Park High School, in average attendance.  Bye.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Honest question...not counting the band, cheer and dance squads and the team itself...did SMU have more than 250 of its students at the game?  That concrete student section they have was all but empty the entire game.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Honest question...not counting the band, cheer and dance squads and the team itself...did SMU have more than 250 of its students at the game?  That concrete student section they have was all but empty the entire game.

Mark, at North Texas we still have so much more to build on than any time in our history.  I repost these pics as proof. 

As most know, we just have not won enough in the last 50 years to be considered a juggernaut.   🔮 Kansas State Football didn’t win for (literally) almost a century before former UNT Mean Green assistant coach Bill Snyder took over. If you can win in Manhattan, KS, winning in Denton, TX,  some might say would be a piece of cake.

• We have to get ready for the next NCAA FBS conferences fruit basket turnover. Methinks we are, but Apogee attendance is still essential—win, lose (or as back in the day—draw). 

GMG!

970F4D52-68B4-43E5-BFDB-D874667BD6A3.jpeg.88573242c2d364002dc2d6872c90cc81.jpeg85656BA2-B637-4602-B572-1EC6B14EC615.jpeg.8d667da12871a8416f478ea11757e1e4.jpegC34E5CB3-71CA-45E8-9996-4BC316AC69E8.jpeg.e1e77fc5ad8c1a151f713477dd9ae2c1.jpeg

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I think we go 6-6 now that the dust has settled, I had us at 8-4 before we started the season.  We were not good in our first game and terrible in the second game.  We might be underdogs the rest of the season.  Maybe we  bought into our own hype.  UTSA has me worried because Houston is the following week.  Sorry I rather beat UTSA than Houston.  I think Houston is going to kill us on our own field and the attendance will take a big hit the rest of the season if it already hasn't happened.

If our starting CBS are really the best we have we are in trouble. What happened to the quick offense?  I will continue to go the games and support our team but my expectations have been lowered.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

On 9/9/2019 at 9:00 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Something is wrong with these calculations if they say we have a better chance of beating Houston and LATech over SoMiss.  Very broken.

USM just won @Troy.  They might be more real than we imagined. 

LaTech Rolled Bowling Green 35-7.  If they can beat USM in Ruston on 10/9, then when we play them there on 11/9 they will likely be 7-1 with their only loss being at UT.

PS: USM scheduled us for Homecoming. 

10 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

USM just won @Troy.  They might be more real than we imagined. 

LaTech Rolled Bowling Green 35-7.  If they can beat USM in Ruston on 10/9, then when we play them there on 11/9 they will likely be 7-1 with their only loss being at UT.

PS: USM scheduled us for Homecoming. 

Southern Miss is legit this year.  La tech looks good as well.