Jump to content

How ESPN's FPI Predicts the Rest of the Season (Post LaTech Mauling)


Cerebus

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

7-5 plus a bowl win at least sends Mason Fine out on a high note

Finish the year at 7-5 according to this prediction, and LATech or USM don't get bit by UAB or Rice along the way, then we're 3rd place in our division & staring the Hawaii Bowl in the face.   Great opportunity for the players, but it's gonna suck for us fans who can't get out there.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Finish the year at 7-5 according to this prediction, and LATech or USM don't get bit by UAB or Rice along the way, then we're 3rd place in our division & staring the Hawaii Bowl in the face.   Great opportunity for the players and wives, but it's gonna suck for us fans who can't get out there.

fixed .... j/k 🙂

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

With what we have on offense....knowing we're basically rebuilding it next year...

not good

Here's the way I see it:

This year is phase one of a rebuilding process (defense).  Next year will be phase two (offense).  The year after that MAY be (if a really good QB emerges) the point when we're back to being as talented as we were last season (2018).  And, in some important ways, we have already commenced the offense's rebuilding process since Guyton/Bussey are gone and we're trying things out with a new OC who has not yet figured out how to harness Fine's talent.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greendylan said:

Here's the way I see it:

This year is phase one of a rebuilding process (defense).  Next year will be phase two (offense).  The year after that MAY be (if a really good QB emerges) the point when we're back to being as talented as we were last season (2018).  And, in some important ways, we have already commenced the offense's rebuilding process since Guyton/Bussey are gone and we're trying things out with a new OC who has not yet figured out how to harness Fine's talent.

It's just frustrating to be rebuilding in year 4 and possibly year 5

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

With what we have on offense....knowing we're basically rebuilding it next year...

not good

I can't think of any G5 program (besides BSU) who has been able to not have to go through periodic down times.   Marshall went on an absolute tear for six straight bowl games, but then missed out 5 of the next 6 years.   USM went to 10 straight, but then missed out on 4 straight. 

I am not happy with the current state we are in, but really it's just a year early.  It was going to take some time to adjust to the post Fine era, it just looks like we are having to start doing some of that now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

I am not happy with the current state we are in, but really it's just a year early.  It was going to take some time to adjust to the post Fine era, it just looks like we are having to start doing some of that now.  

247 Recruiting ranks

          national / cusa

2016       102 / 8

2017       115 / 11

2018        101 / 8

2019          75 / 4

2020*        61 / 2   

 

My hope is the "rebuilding" won't take long with last years class and what's shaping up to be a good class next year....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I can't think of any G5 program (besides BSU) who has been able to not have to go through periodic down times.   Marshall went on an absolute tear for six straight bowl games, but then missed out 5 of the next 6 years.   USM went to 10 straight, but then missed out on 4 straight. 

I am not happy with the current state we are in, but really it's just a year early.  It was going to take some time to adjust to the post Fine era, it just looks like we are having to start doing some of that now.  

Fine is a shadow of the last 3 years. All who blame the offensive line need to Mason's comments at press conferences. " our O line picked up on all front changes Houston made". I know the Cal announcers thought Fine separated a shoulder in the fourth quarter. I know something is wrong as he is consistently wild high with open receivers. It is essential with this year's pathetic secondary that we move the chains and keep the D off the field as much as possible.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love GoMeanGreen.com? Tell a friend!
  • What's going on Mean Green?

    1. 53

      Uniforms

    2. 0

      Channel 8 WFAA Segment

    3. 27

      Pernetti Interview

    4. 0

      Latest on OSU/WSU vs MWC

    5. 34

      Money...Money...MONEY!

  • Popular Contributors

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      15,401
    • Most Online
      1,865

    Newest Member
    NTWL20
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.