This was the UH board in 2018 after SMU beat their Top 25 Coog team last Fall—

PlummMeanGreen

❇️ It’s not just us after a loss to SMU. Read Coog fan’s response after SMU beat them last Fall.  Some Coog fans in other threads say they would rather have North Texas in the AAC over SMU because “at least there are no lack of fans echoes in Apogee Stadium.” 

• Other night at GJ Ford Stadium if you believe it went unnoticed by SMU’s visiting HS recruits who had the fan support then do wack’ado wack’a do. 

❇️ RESPONSES FROM COOG FANS:

“Out coached by a 3-5 Team”

Cougar Football

Nov '18

Disturbing to say the least. MA has got to see that this is a problem. I honestly think he should be gone. Even worse, everyone’s hero KB called a stinker of a game. The team was unprepared for SMU. They wanted it more. That’s on the coaches.

Sukie

Nov '18

Correction 4-5 steamrolling juggernaut

Cougarpad

Nov '18

Honestly, if you fire a coach who is 8-2, what coach would want to come to UH? You would never get a decent coach again.

H-TownCary

Nov '18

7-2.

I hope we end 11-2.

RTV1995

Nov '18

Why is it never the other team just played better?

Cougarpad

Nov '18

I think SMU had planned for this game for some time.

red80Mike Higdon

Nov '18

Wanting it more is on the players. This is not junior high school. Guys on a college team should not need someone to tell them they need to want to win – against anybody. Actually, I can’t understand any athlete not giving their best effort in any competition.

RTV1995

Nov '18

They almost beat Cincy. SMU has started to get better the last few weeks. I don’t think they were sitting around planning for UH.

This is never a popular take but SMU deserves a lot of credit. Their defense played pretty stout all night and I thought their offensive playcalling in the first half was pretty good and rolling Hicks out was really smart. They sort of went dead to start the second half, but had a nice drive after UH cut it to 7.

Cougarpad

Nov '18

It does seem it is their super bowl when they play us at home.

Nov '18

Seeing your team (the offense) not even attempt to play like they have the whole season from start to finish, makes it look like they were out coached from the opening bell to the final buzzer.

RTV1995

Nov '18

They’ve had crappy stretches this year. The first half of Tulsa looked a lot like tonight, just without the big 4th quarter.

LongtermBo Smith

Nov '18

Outplayed from opening kickoff to the end. Came out flat flat. No energy!

ohfivecoogStill shivering from that Army game in 2001

Nov '18

They came out at 1000% effort like they do every single time they take the field against us, and for some reason there’s no sense of that on our side, no urgency, and we wonder why they kick our asses

shaggylivesJimmy Morris

Nov '18

Three of their losses were to Michigan, Cincy and UCF. No shame in that. Losses the first two weeks to UNT and TCU, might attribute to a new coaching staff figuring out who can play and who needs to ride the bench.

Bultokid

Nov '18

SMU deserves kudos, they beat UH fair and square. Team looked flat and unprepared to play once again…a CMA calling card.

uhredcat96G.W.

Nov '18

Hicks was a 53% passer with 6 pick-6’s. We made him look All-American without having to throw a single deep route (okay, maybe one on the first possession).

created

Nov '18

last reply

Nov '18

replies

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

When I looked up during the 1st quarter I was pleasantly surprised at how full our side was. Looked like a good turnout to me.

It’s a game about 45 minutes from our campus. We have a lot of fans that actually live closer to that stadium than Apogee. We have a couple hundred thousand alumni in this area. There should not have been an empty seat. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1