What Seth Littrell may be teaching me about North Texas

TheColonyEagle

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Speculation or truth.  If truth, provide something to support this claim

He is considered one of the hottest young coaching prospects in college football. The P5s hire those coaches often from the G5’s, without jimmy Sexton as the agent. SL ‘s last season here will be when he finishes with his next winning season here. People across CFB think he’s a miracle worker for what he has accomplished here. And based on historical records, that point is dead-on...

• Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

He is considered one of the hottest young coaching prospects in college football. The P5s hire those coaches often from the G5’s, without jimmy Sexton as the agent. SL ‘s last season here will be when he finishes with his next winning season here. People across CFB think he’s a miracle worker for what he has accomplished here. And based on historical records, that point is dead-on...

Which is kind of surprising...He's 6 games over .500 in his overall record with 4 of those wins vs. FCS and a lot of them vs horrid competition in close ball games in CUSA. He's 5-5 in his last 10 vs G5 competition, which is the the most up-to-date telling data point we have. And all of last years losses outside of USU were meltdown fiascos. I will count Army in 2017, SMU & Arkansas in 2018 as big wins, the latter by name only. He's had some absolutely horrible losses that started in 2016 with bowl eligibility on the line at 3-8 UTEP. That loss was then as it is today, unforgiving. 

1-3 vs SMU

1-2 vs LaTech

1-2 vs P5

0-3 in Bowls

0-1 in CUSA champ game

2-1 vs what has been a down UTSA, but 2-1 nonetheless. 

0-1 with make/break bowl eligibility on the line 

And all of those losses aside from the LaTech game last year have been thrashings. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

What I have learned after 26 years of fandom is that you generally know if the Mean Green will be any good after the first couple of games.  Back in the day that meant we gave a top team a fight for a couple of quarters.  Now days, thankfully,  we play some tune-up games and opportunity games but still we are two games in and I know this will not be a good season.  On the bright side the cupboard is not empty.  Unlike many years this team has plenty of young talent.  Also it appears our conference is not going to be very good so there is still a chance we can win this thing.  Unfortunately I came into this season with higher expectations than beating up on a lowly conference.  It is what it is...... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Which is kind of surprising...He's 6 games over .500 in his overall record with 4 of those wins vs. FCS and a lot of them vs horrid competition in close ball games in CUSA. He's 5-5 in his last 10 vs G5 competition, which is the the most up-to-date telling data point we have. And all of last years losses outside of USU were meltdown fiascos. I will count Army in 2017, SMU & Arkansas in 2018 as big wins, the latter by name only. He's had some absolutely horrible losses that started in 2016 with bowl eligibility on the line at 3-8 UTEP. That loss was then as it is today, unforgiving. 

1-3 vs SMU

1-2 vs LaTech

1-2 vs P5

0-3 in Bowls

0-1 in CUSA champ game

2-1 vs what has been a down UTSA, but 2-1 nonetheless. 

0-1 with make/break bowl eligibility on the line 

And all of those losses aside from the LaTech game last year have been thrashings. 

Objective facts

Hey....he may turn it around this year and end up with 9, 10 wins. It's possible.

I sure hope he does. 

But given the facts shown above....it will be a first. And hey...it's year 4, maybe he's coming into his own.

• Upvote 1