Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Mood after Saturday’s loss

Recommended Posts

I came off extremely bitter and judgmental against our coaching staff upper limits and capability. I've had 2 days to sober up and reflect on it...

And nothing has changed. There was no upside to Saturday. Not even the glory of watching the 'boys curb-stomp the giants. This team has no excuse to perform that badly. Am I wrong to expect better? Or are we going to settle back into #olddenton?

Image result for simpsons he's already dead

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mood is not good! At this point I am super happy I could not go to Cal.  Would hate to spend that cash to see another beat down. I will get over it...like I have for the last 50 years or so, but man, I hate going down to Dallas time and time again just to get my ass handed to me by SMU!  Getting beat is one thing.  I can handle that if the game is competitive and we play well and just come up a bit short. But, to get absolutely run out of the stadium is another matter! Going to take me a bit to get over this one.  I hope the team and coaching staff get over it much faster and figure out how to "put out the fire" before conference play.  Man, at this point I am not looking forward to seeing Cal or Houston! Yikes!

But, my Mean Green and I love 'em. Just going to take a few days to "recover" from this one, and looking at that Doak Walker bobblehead ain't helping at this point! 

  • Upvote 5
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

But, my Mean Green and I love 'em. Just going to take a few days to "recover" from this one, and looking at that Doak Walker bobblehead ain't helping at this point! 

I've stuck by them so far. I'll stick by them another 50 years, the good lawd willing.

But the tuition cost of 3 degrees says I get to complain a little bit too.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

My mood is not good! At this point I am super happy I could not go to Cal.  Would hate to spend that cash to see another beat down. I will get over it...like I have for the last 50 years or so, but man, I hate going down to Dallas time and time again just to get my ass handed to me by SMU!  Getting beat is one thing.  I can handle that if the game is competitive and we play well and just come up a bit short. But, to get absolutely run out of the stadium is another matter! Going to take me a bit to get over this one. 

The sad part is we have played at Ford stadium 4 times now and the coach that came the closest to beating them there? One Todd Dodge.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

The sad part is we have played at Ford stadium 4 times now and the coach that came the closest to beating them there? One Todd Dodge.

Who was beaten by Phil Bennett, who won only this game his last season in Dallas.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember UNT Fans, you lose your most important player after this year, and a bunch of other seniors. We lose very few. Might want to leave the women and children at home next year. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pony14 said:

Just remember UNT Fans, you lose your most important player after this year, and a bunch of other seniors. We lose very few. Might want to leave the women and children at home next year. 

Apparently all it takes is some grad transfers. Who the hell knows what will happen.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pony14 said:

Just remember UNT Fans, you lose your most important player after this year, and a bunch of other seniors. We lose very few. Might want to leave the women and children at home next year. 

20130305_013838_caldykes-2.jpg?w=512

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pony14 said:

Just remember UNT Fans, you lose your most important player after this year, and a bunch of other seniors. We lose very few. Might want to leave the women and children at home next year. 

Love this attitude. Already gloating about next year. Hope this is a reflection of all Smut fans and the team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Love this attitude. Already gloating about next year. Hope this is a reflection of all Smut fans and the team.

Your fans spent weeks calling our coach a retread loser, saying you were going to walk all over "SMUt". This is what you people deserve. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pony14 said:

Your fans spent weeks calling our coach a retread loser, saying you were going to walk all over "SMUt". This is what you people deserve. 

You must be new to college football.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oski said:

pure class.   he is a retread loser.   he got his ass fired from cal of all places.  what kind of shitty coach gets fired from a program that never wins anything?

I like you.

image.jpeg.f5d1155052b946be04192ee88eb1a40e.jpeg

We can play this game.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UnBEARableCalFanatic said:

Well we fired Jeff and he was great.

he was burnt out and was graduating 1/3 of his players and beat one top 25 team in the prior 5 years.   stop it.  i don't believe you are a cal fan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oski said:

he was burnt out and was graduating 1/3 of his players and beat one top 25 team in the prior 5 years.   stop it.  i don't believe you are a cal fan 

Buddy boy hate to break it to you but I’m a 3rd generation Cal Alum. Born and raised and still live in the Bay Area.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnBEARableCalFanatic said:

Buddy boy hate to break it to you but I’m a 3rd generation Cal Alum. Born and raised and still live in the Bay Area.

you don't happen to have a really big california flag do you?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pony14 said:

Just remember UNT Fans, you lose your most important player after this year, and a bunch of other seniors. We lose very few. Might want to leave the women and children at home next year. 

Most of our replacements will be newly recruited Texas HS seniors many of whom will sign a MG LOI this December; that is, unless SL wants a quick fix with umpteen numbers of transfers. (Methinks he’ll go the Texas & Oklahoma High Schools route, though).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.