Mood after Saturday’s loss

Harry

I came off extremely bitter and judgmental against our coaching staff upper limits and capability. I've had 2 days to sober up and reflect on it...

And nothing has changed. There was no upside to Saturday. Not even the glory of watching the 'boys curb-stomp the giants. This team has no excuse to perform that badly. Am I wrong to expect better? Or are we going to settle back into #olddenton?

Image result for simpsons he's already dead

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

My mood is not good! At this point I am super happy I could not go to Cal.  Would hate to spend that cash to see another beat down. I will get over it...like I have for the last 50 years or so, but man, I hate going down to Dallas time and time again just to get my ass handed to me by SMU!  Getting beat is one thing.  I can handle that if the game is competitive and we play well and just come up a bit short. But, to get absolutely run out of the stadium is another matter! Going to take me a bit to get over this one.  I hope the team and coaching staff get over it much faster and figure out how to "put out the fire" before conference play.  Man, at this point I am not looking forward to seeing Cal or Houston! Yikes!

But, my Mean Green and I love 'em. Just going to take a few days to "recover" from this one, and looking at that Doak Walker bobblehead ain't helping at this point! 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 2

4 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

But, my Mean Green and I love 'em. Just going to take a few days to "recover" from this one, and looking at that Doak Walker bobblehead ain't helping at this point! 

I've stuck by them so far. I'll stick by them another 50 years, the good lawd willing.

But the tuition cost of 3 degrees says I get to complain a little bit too.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

My mood is not good! At this point I am super happy I could not go to Cal.  Would hate to spend that cash to see another beat down. I will get over it...like I have for the last 50 years or so, but man, I hate going down to Dallas time and time again just to get my ass handed to me by SMU!  Getting beat is one thing.  I can handle that if the game is competitive and we play well and just come up a bit short. But, to get absolutely run out of the stadium is another matter! Going to take me a bit to get over this one. 

The sad part is we have played at Ford stadium 4 times now and the coach that came the closest to beating them there? One Todd Dodge.

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Pony14 said:

Just remember UNT Fans, you lose your most important player after this year, and a bunch of other seniors. We lose very few. Might want to leave the women and children at home next year. 

Apparently all it takes is some grad transfers. Who the hell knows what will happen.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Pony14 said:

Just remember UNT Fans, you lose your most important player after this year, and a bunch of other seniors. We lose very few. Might want to leave the women and children at home next year. 

Love this attitude. Already gloating about next year. Hope this is a reflection of all Smut fans and the team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pony14 said:

Most of our replacements will be newly recruited Texas HS seniors many of whom will sign a MG LOI this December; that is, unless SL wants a quick fix with umpteen numbers of transfers. (Methinks he’ll go the Texas & Oklahoma High Schools route, though).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1