Just Saying...........

meangreenbob

Two contract extensions in a relatively short period of time. Two salary increases as well. Yearly income that would take many of us 20 years to equal. I have to raise my eyebrow and  become very concerned when the head man has become better at Coaches "speak" than winning Conference Championships, critical conference games, bitter rivalries and bowl games.

• Upvote 13
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 10

49 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Two contract extensions in a relatively short period of time. Two salary increases as well. Yearly income that would take many of us 20 years to equal. I have to raise my eyebrow and  become very concerned when the head man has become better at Coaches "speak" than winning Conference Championships, critical conference games, bitter rivalries and bowl games.

With this offense and in a weak CUSA, if we do not win at least 6 games and win a bowl game (or at the least be very competitive) then I think Littrel should be gone.  

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 10

4 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

And those of you saying Seth isn’t going anywhere because no P5 would want him forget that he was a staff disagreement from being the KSU head coach despite losing to Old Dominion and blowing several 21+ point leads. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

To your point, Arkansas hired Morris after him accomplishing nothing of significance at SMU. 

I very much like Littrell and hope he stays here a long time. I do find some of the “at least we have winning seasons now” or “hey he’s better than the last few coaches”  comments to be frustrating. It is possible to be both thankful for what he’s done here and express concern about the fact that we don’t seem to win big games. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

To your point, Arkansas hired Morris after him accomplishing nothing of significance at SMU. 

I very much like Littrell and hope he stays here a long time. I do find some of the “at least we have winning seasons now” or “hey he’s better than the last few coaches”  comments to be frustrating. It is possible to be both thankful for what he’s done here and express concern about the fact that we don’t seem to win big games. 

believe me UA fans are ready to give Morris the heave ho and after last night I expect KState fans are glad Littrell said no

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Sounds like the Rick Villarreal if head coaches to me.   Thanks for advancing us beyond where we were, but now we are ready for more, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Y'all seem like the type of folks that would trade JuJu away after last night's game 

One game is forgivable. 2 games is questionable. 3..4...5... 7?

3 bowl games, mostly blowouts. 2 blowouts to FAU and the unimpressive Lane Train. Multiple 2nd half flops. And an absolute embarrassment against a local in town rival? Do we need to continue? Cause there's more.

Do we NEED another Portland state to finally say enough? Or do we make the seat hot now before it happens? SL needs to finally step up and show he's that generational talent we all hope for. So far, he's "middle ground" ok. Not McCarney or Dodge bad. But just...better?

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Udomann said:

3 bowl games, mostly blowouts. 2 blowouts to FAU and the unimpressive Lane Train. Multiple 2nd half flops. And an absolute embarrassment against a local in town rival? Do we need to continue? Cause there's more.

Do we NEED another Portland state to finally say enough? Or do we make the seat hot now before it happens? SL needs to finally step up and show he's that generational talent we all hope for. So far, he's "middle ground" ok.

giphy.gif

I think I'm gonna do this bit today.

• consecutive 9 win seasons
  • 3 bowl appearances
  • conference championship appearance
  • west division champ

All right after taking over for the worst team in FBS, the season after they suffered the worst loss to an FCS in college football history.

This is year 4. I am happy we finally get to have expectations.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Udomann said:

How are those expectations holding up?

Relax, don’t get so emotionally attached to a game. Yes we have high expectations but it’s only been two games so far. Now if we start looking bad in conference then yes we have a problem that we shouldn’t have. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Do we NEED another Portland state to finally say enough? Or do we make the seat hot now before it happens? SL needs to finally step up and show he's that generational talent we all hope for. So far, he's "middle ground" ok. Not McCarney or Dodge bad. But just...better?

You do recall what happened at Apogee last year, right?  A whipping worse than what occurred on Saturday.
And for all of those failures, you must have forgotten all of the winning that happened in order to make those games.

"Another Portland State..."??  
3-Forrest-Gump-quotes.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

You do recall what happened at Apogee last year, right?  A whipping worse than what occurred on Saturday.
And for all of those failures, you must have forgotten all of the winning that happened in order to make those games.

"Another Portland State..."??  
3-Forrest-Gump-quotes.gif

Ya I mean why do we still bring up Portland State? It’s over and done with, #olddenton individuals live in the past a little too much. 

24 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Chances are pretty good that we will not see a Portland State loss again in your lifetime...that one was special, not to be tossed aside lightly. You won’t see another FBS team lose to a FCS team at home, on their Homecoming, by 59 points, leading to a coach being fired immediately after the game.

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

My man,   the trend is:
2015 (before he got here): 1-11
2016: 5-7
2017: 9-5
2018: 9-4

3 straight bowl games and 2 straight 9-win seasons.   I happen to like the trend.

I'm grateful those wins got us on the national stage for a week or two. But the team, the staff, drop the ball every. single. time.

I want to be wrong I really do. 

Just now, Aldo said:

giphy.gif

I really miss the certainty of a 3-win season. Are we a 7-win team, a 9-win team? Sucks, man.

So, mediocre in CUSA is a good stopping place for you?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

38 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I'm grateful those wins got us on the national stage for a week or two. But the team, the staff, drop the ball every. single. time.

I want to be wrong I really do. 

So, mediocre in CUSA is a good stopping place for you?

I uploaded this picture in a different thread a few days prior to the SMU game saying this would be our message board should we lose on Saturday.  I purposely avoided this board after getting home from Ford Stadium and all day yesterday because I knew there would be a ton of "sky is falling!", "we're doomed!", "Seth and Bodie need to go" posts.  As much as I hated to lose to SMU, it happened.  It sucks.  But for so many people on this board to be melting down with "oh we've never won a big one with Seth!", I guess the SMU game this year was a big game and it counts but the SMU game last year was NOT a big game and it doesn't count.  (Unless we had lost last year -- then it would count as a big game).  The Arkansas game was also a mirage -- it meant nothing to us.  Why does a loss turn this board into "heads must roll / oh we suck!" every. single. time.  SMH,.

download.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1