Seth Littrell's Post Game Comments

Talon90

23 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

I agree. If you have corners that struggle on an island, then don't put them on an island.  If they play 5 in the box, run it until they quit it. If your defense line is getting blown back, get them on the move. 

I think it is obvious we have some kids that are going to have trouble playing in last year's scheme. As coaches, you have to ask your kids to do what they can do.

And catch the ball. Too many drops by people we count on to come up big.

One thing that REALLY bothers the shit out of  me is we saw ACU expose #9 LAST WEEK.  

LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!

So after two and half quarters of the same tonight and he’s still out there does that mean we have no one else?

Skladany would have yanked him at half time.  

Anyhow,....all my fears about this defense has come true.  Hard to stomach that.

Rick 

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

One thing that REALLY bothers the shit out of  me is we saw ACU expose #9 LAST WEEK.  

LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!

So after two and half quarters of the same tonight and he’s still out there does that mean we have no one else?

Anyhow,....all my fears about this defense has come true.  Hard to stomach that.

Rick 

Poche is maybe the fastest guy on the field.  Why we are not jamming him with safety over the top is beyond me. That is what SMU was doing with us.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Poche is maybe the fastest guy on the field.  Why we are not jamming him with safety over the top is beyond me. That is what SMU was doing with us.

SMU jammed our guys all night. Slow down their routes and give the DL time to wreak havoc around Mason and block his view. It freakin’ worked. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!

Rick 

I’m a big Skladany fan, I miss him a lot.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Seth’s gonna earn some experience stripes with this bunch. He has to pick their faces up off the ground except sig’s and get this team to compete. Meanwhile we have 2 brutal teams to lineup against this months and our always expected grinder with UTSA. Does it feel worse to lose like Washington did last night or get curb stomped? Not sure but this beat down last night was unexpected and yet I am ready to turn the page.

On to the next cheer.

GMG

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes, NM Green, we do have to turn the page.  

First 3 & out & some calling to fire the coach?  

Still, 17 transfers?  Is this the direction of FBS recruiting?  Easy to predict Texas HS coaches will not be a fan of it. I just smell a dead fish with this unless Dykes is just one goat-ropin’ son of a gun recruiting genius over everyone else in the FBS  (which he proved not to be at Cal-Berkeley). 

Cal-Berkeley? A Mean Green friend just pointed out that after their win over #14 ranked Washington that they will be a Top 25 ranked team this week. Then he said—a golden opportunity to be loaded for Bear.😳And Army?  We should still be scheduling them if they’ll talk to us. •Just have a good team of referees who won’t be shy to send a player back to the locker room if they come back to Apogee.

Last time North Texas beat a Top 25 (or Top 20 back then) it was a California school during a season when Fry’s team only won 2 games as I recall.  (San Diego State Aztecs)

Green Grenade aka the late Rick Spears told several of us after that upset at Fouts that the SDSU HFC kicked a water fountain off the wall over  in the visitors dressing room & that he would also receive a bill for the damage.😮  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1