How Many Times Was The Defense Not Ready When The Ball Was Snapped?

Talon90

10 hours ago, Talon90 said:

I was in complete shock at how many times our defense was looking at the sideline for the defensive call while SMU was about to snap the ball.  Several long runs happened when the defense wasn't ready.  Inexcusable.  

I was more in shock that whenever our offense made a big play we didn't try to use tempo like they did.  That pissed me off more. SL is an offensive coach with experienced players at all the skill position a senior QB touted to be in the running for major awards.   I expected our defense to struggle this year and to win games by averaging near 40 points a game.  

• Upvote 1

The uncovered SMU runs to the left side of the line were mistakes that aren't tolerated even at the HS level. 

SMU had some good running backs for sure, but they were running untouched too.

And one thing I noticed as well was that UNT linemen were in the set position and looking down at the turf. Fatigue? Does UNT lack depth at D-Line. It seems that looking down instead of up indicates fatigue.

11 hours ago, Talon90 said:

I was in complete shock at how many times our defense was looking at the sideline for the defensive call while SMU was about to snap the ball.  Several long runs happened when the defense wasn't ready.  Inexcusable.  

At the stadium it appeared this happened on every single play we didn't have the ball.

9 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

When are we supposed to see Reeder's "hurry up?"

It's almost as if they tried it in spring and fall practice and don't think our players can handle it...

Yeah. The pace of our offense seemed very very slow. Even at times when there needed to be more urgency than normal. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

When are we supposed to see Reeder's "hurry up?"

It's almost as if they tried it in spring and fall practice and don't think our players can handle it...

That's what I was thinking. When you're under a OC that wants to go slow, it's hard to adjust

• Upvote 1