Portland State

runt96

1 minute ago, Travis said:

SL is good. Post like these are not.

He gotta correct this mess though. I am not too sold on our OC just as much as my frustration with our DC and some of the personnel he is running out there. 

So at what point is SL good? He's improved over Mccarney sure...

but our OC and DC are both poor. Recruiting didn't fill the holes. We got out coached in this, 3 bowl games, and how many other 2nd half flops?

I like the guy. But I'm starting to wonder if he is THE guy?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Udomann said:

but our OC and DC are both poor. Recruiting didn't fill the holes. We got out coached in this, 3 bowl games, and how many other 2nd half flops?

Dude, you really forget what we were like before SL?? I will take winning seasons all day. 

I will take a 5-6 game winning streak to start like last year. Or our first big win over an SEC opponent. Or destroying an SMU team last year. Or even just making it to Bowl games. 

If you want change, sometimes you will get it. And that ain’t always a good thing. 

• Upvote 6

Just now, Travis said:

Dude, you really forget what we were like before SL?? I will take winning seasons all day. 

I will take a 5-6 game winning streak to start like last year. Or our first big win over an SEC opponent. Or destroying an SMU team last year. Or even just making it to Bowl games. 

If you want change, sometimes you will get it. And that ain’t always a good thing. 

And it's been downhill since. Name a big moment after those? You can't. Maybe he's peaked. If he has, we need to do better, not wait it out or stall out

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Too early for this. We still don’t know how good SMUt is? What if they end up 9-3, 10-2, or 11-1? I doubt it because Buchelle looked average but it could still happen. 2-2 out of conference would be a decent start, imo. Still doable. Watch Cal tonight....

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Udomann said:

That’s it. Stop right there.

SL is the best coach UNT has had in so damn long and some folks here are acting like spoiled brats. 

You compete for conference championships and go to bowls every year. This isn’t Alabama. This isn’t Georgia. Calm the hell down with all the “sky is falling” posts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

That’s it. Stop right there.

SL is the best coach UNT has had in so damn long and some folks here are acting like spoiled brats. 

You compete for conference championships and go to bowls every year. This isn’t Alabama. This isn’t Georgia. Calm the hell down with all the “sky is falling” posts. 

I know it's a "hot take". I love Seth. Everyone loves Seth. But the job only gets half done every year. It's year 4. It's his class. And we just got embarrassed in Dallas. I don't think it's an over reacting reaction to say maybe it's time to take it to the next level? I see no evidence that it gets better than this yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I know it's a "hot take". I love Seth. Everyone loves Seth. But the job only gets half done every year. It's year 4. It's his class. And we just got embarrassed in Dallas. I don't think it's an over reacting reaction to say maybe it's time to take it to the next level? I see no evidence that it gets better than this yet. 

Fair enough. What is the “next level” tho? It’s not that I’m not disappointed with the outcome tonight. I’m saying that the football team was trash for as long as I can remember and Seth & co has completely transformed the entire program to a point that it’s unrecognizable. I’m willing to give someone like that a ton of slack in the rope. 

EDIT: I was there was a “respect” vote option bc I respect what you’re saying. Just don’t agree with it. 

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe some of you saw a different game, this contest was not lost because of bad gametime coaching.

It was a loss because SMU wanted the game a lot more, have much better overall talent, and seemed to get every call when it mattered.  

Fine had his worst game ever at NT;  he came out tentative, took way too long to make decisions,  and was running for his life most of the game.  

The defense looked every bit as bad as they did against ACU. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Travis said:

I don’t disagree with your overall point at all. But I do think our goals should be higher than winning 7-9 games every year and playing in bowl games. It’s been 15 years since even a conference championship. 

• Upvote 2

I'm convinced that our offensive issues are as much SL as anyone. It's the same problem we have had the whole time he's been here... go back and look at his last game as an OC at NC and you see the same sputtering, run into a brick wall instead of going around it type of play calling. Im no football wizard, but this offense looks very little like Bodie's EWU or OkST offenses he was part of... looks a lot like Littrell though. 

• Upvote 1