Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

***OFFICIAL UNT vs SMU Game thread***

Recommended Posts

SMU definitely has more talent this year but we are better than what showed tonight. We looked entirely unprepared to play. And that is the most disappointing thing for me. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 5-5 in our last ten versus FBS competition. We’re not even a good G5 at this point. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't live in Denton. Yes we lost. And I'm not the one hiding behind a keyboard. Twin Peaks. You coming?

 

I didn't think so.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

I’m going to be honest here, but the online didn’t get punked IMO. SMU had a helluva game plan where they kept Mason contained in all the mix. Mason couldn’t see the field. Bussey got open multiple times but Mason couldn’t see him. Sometimes having a short QB does hurt you. When Mason rolled out the Mustangs attacked him hard. Our offensive coaches were schooled tonight by the SMU defensive staff. 

I don't remember seeing Busey open at all let alone hardly any other of our receivers.  What I did see is him being locked down all night with zero seperation being frustrated on and off the field.  

We missed Guyton big time tonight as we needed another speedy wideout.  I was one of the few who didn't think coming out early was smart but I understand why he did and hoped he would have done better.

 

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since my last post got deleted, no, I'm not challenging anyone to a fight. It's not worth my career. I was just telling you where I was to prove that you were the coward hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard instead of being man enough to say something to someone's face. 

  • Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Since my last post got deleted, no, I'm not challenging anyone to a fight. It's not worth my career. I was just telling you where I was to prove that you were the coward hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard instead of being man enough to say something to someone's face. 

Isn’t that exactly what you’re doing?  

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

I don't remember seeing Busey open at all let alone hardly any other of our receivers.  What I did see is him being locked down all night with zero seperation being frustrated on and off the field.  

We missed Guyton big time tonight as we needed another speedy wideout.  I was one of the few who didn't think coming out early was smart but I understand why he did and hoped he would have done better.

 

He was open a few times but they were deep longer developing routes. Mason panicked and would roll out. He did throw one but missed him deep. I swear that was Bussey he missed on that play....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, $MU $WAG said:

Listen, boy. If you’re not “hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard” then tell us your full name, occupation, and employer. I’ll wait. Also, 49-27.

Actually, if you've been here long enough you'd know he's given all of that in the past.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Udomann said:

It might be a low point for Seth.

There were a handful of times with multiple quarters left to go that Seth just took the headphones off and looked like he was done.

Does he already have a job lined up?  It usually takes till midseason when his agent is out shopping him for a new job for him to get so apathetic.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

I don't remember seeing Busey open at all let alone hardly any other of our receivers.  What I did see is him being locked down all night with zero seperation being frustrated on and off the field.  

We missed Guyton big time tonight as we needed another speedy wideout.  I was one of the few who didn't think coming out early was smart but I understand why he did and hoped he would have done better.

 

The coverage on Bussey was not that tight. The problem was not throwing the ball. Bussey maybe had one target all night. How does a coach/QB not get the ball in his hands? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guyton is not missed that much. Tell Mr Fine to look at the whole field. Receivers were open but he was looking at one side of the field

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, $MU $WAG said:

Hold this L, boy.

 

Technically, aren’t we all Lesbians?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching the USC vs Stanford game and the USC offense is rolling under GH. Makes me wonder if he was really the genius behind our offense and maybe SL was the one making the crap calls. After watching our offense without GH tonight, makes me wonder.

Edited by Venson
Grammar
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, $MU $WAG said:

Hold this L, BOY.  You’re acting mad online. You got your ass whipped every which way tonight, take it like a man and get on that train back to Denton.

Take daddys money and go home.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team has a 5 win defense. All SMU had to do was play simple matchups in the secondary. They beat our DBs like drums. 

Our only hope was that the offense would elevate us to a 9-10 win team. Well folks, doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Reeder’s offense looks tepid and, I’m not sure how he did it, but he’s found a way to make our WRs look mediocre. 

I hate to say this, and it might not be accurate because of my vantage point in the stadium, but Mason looked hesitant and like he didn’t have any confidence. If that’s really the case, we’ve regressed significantly.

After having to endure the SMU shitheads yesterday, I’m glad I decided not to book a flight to Cal. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

This team has a 5 win defense. All SMU had to do was play simple matchups in the secondary. They beat our DBs like drums. 

Our only hope was that the offense would elevate us to a 9-10 win team. Well folks, doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Reeder’s offense looks tepid and, I’m not sure how he did it, but he’s found a way to make our WRs look mediocre. 

I hate to say this, and it might not be accurate because of my vantage point in the stadium, but Mason looked hesitant and like he didn’t have any confidence. If that’s really the case, we’ve regressed significantly.

After having to endure the SMU shitheads yesterday, I’m glad I decided not to book a flight to Cal. 

We were discussing the same thing in the stands.  Mason’s head didn’t seem right, especially in the first half.   I thought he looked better in the 2nd. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UNT 90 Grad said:

We were discussing the same thing in the stands.  Mason’s head didn’t seem right, especially in the first half.   I thought he looked better in the 2nd. 

I agree. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like we have the luxury of waiting to heat up halfway through the game. I don’t think this is on Mason but I do kinda expect more from our senior QB. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Our history of taking a step back. I appreciate where we have come, but so damn tired of hearing "same ole NT".

It ain't easy being Green.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, this athletic season for UNT is not starting out well. Football just got decimated, volleyball is losing consistently, and soccer has lost the last two, but at least those losses were against ranked opponents. I don't worry about soccer because Coach Hedlund has a very young team and he will get the ship righted and cruise through CUSA. The other sports, I don't know about. The way this season is starting, I hope basketball doesn't continue the downward trend of this season.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Venson said:

 I hope basketball doesn't continue the downward trend of this season.

Ok. Basketball has had some late year struggles, but I’d hardly say the program is on a downward trend. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.