***OFFICIAL UNT vs SMU Game thread***

Harry

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

I’m going to be honest here, but the online didn’t get punked IMO. SMU had a helluva game plan where they kept Mason contained in all the mix. Mason couldn’t see the field. Bussey got open multiple times but Mason couldn’t see him. Sometimes having a short QB does hurt you. When Mason rolled out the Mustangs attacked him hard. Our offensive coaches were schooled tonight by the SMU defensive staff. 

I don't remember seeing Busey open at all let alone hardly any other of our receivers.  What I did see is him being locked down all night with zero seperation being frustrated on and off the field.  

We missed Guyton big time tonight as we needed another speedy wideout.  I was one of the few who didn't think coming out early was smart but I understand why he did and hoped he would have done better.

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Since my last post got deleted, no, I'm not challenging anyone to a fight. It's not worth my career. I was just telling you where I was to prove that you were the coward hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard instead of being man enough to say something to someone's face. 

• Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Since my last post got deleted, no, I'm not challenging anyone to a fight. It's not worth my career. I was just telling you where I was to prove that you were the coward hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard instead of being man enough to say something to someone's face. 

Isn’t that exactly what you’re doing?  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

I don't remember seeing Busey open at all let alone hardly any other of our receivers.  What I did see is him being locked down all night with zero seperation being frustrated on and off the field.  

We missed Guyton big time tonight as we needed another speedy wideout.  I was one of the few who didn't think coming out early was smart but I understand why he did and hoped he would have done better.

He was open a few times but they were deep longer developing routes. Mason panicked and would roll out. He did throw one but missed him deep. I swear that was Bussey he missed on that play....

11 minutes ago, $MU $WAG said:

Listen, boy. If you’re not “hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard” then tell us your full name, occupation, and employer. I’ll wait. Also, 49-27.

Actually, if you've been here long enough you'd know he's given all of that in the past.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Udomann said:

It might be a low point for Seth.

There were a handful of times with multiple quarters left to go that Seth just took the headphones off and looked like he was done.

Does he already have a job lined up?  It usually takes till midseason when his agent is out shopping him for a new job for him to get so apathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

The coverage on Bussey was not that tight. The problem was not throwing the ball. Bussey maybe had one target all night. How does a coach/QB not get the ball in his hands? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm watching the USC vs Stanford game and the USC offense is rolling under GH. Makes me wonder if he was really the genius behind our offense and maybe SL was the one making the crap calls. After watching our offense without GH tonight, makes me wonder.

Edited by Venson
Grammar
  • Ray 1

This team has a 5 win defense. All SMU had to do was play simple matchups in the secondary. They beat our DBs like drums. 

Our only hope was that the offense would elevate us to a 9-10 win team. Well folks, doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Reeder’s offense looks tepid and, I’m not sure how he did it, but he’s found a way to make our WRs look mediocre. 

I hate to say this, and it might not be accurate because of my vantage point in the stadium, but Mason looked hesitant and like he didn’t have any confidence. If that’s really the case, we’ve regressed significantly.

After having to endure the SMU shitheads yesterday, I’m glad I decided not to book a flight to Cal. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

This team has a 5 win defense. All SMU had to do was play simple matchups in the secondary. They beat our DBs like drums. 

Our only hope was that the offense would elevate us to a 9-10 win team. Well folks, doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Reeder’s offense looks tepid and, I’m not sure how he did it, but he’s found a way to make our WRs look mediocre. 

I hate to say this, and it might not be accurate because of my vantage point in the stadium, but Mason looked hesitant and like he didn’t have any confidence. If that’s really the case, we’ve regressed significantly.

After having to endure the SMU shitheads yesterday, I’m glad I decided not to book a flight to Cal. 

We were discussing the same thing in the stands.  Mason’s head didn’t seem right, especially in the first half.   I thought he looked better in the 2nd. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNT 90 Grad said:

We were discussing the same thing in the stands.  Mason’s head didn’t seem right, especially in the first half.   I thought he looked better in the 2nd. 

I agree. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like we have the luxury of waiting to heat up halfway through the game. I don’t think this is on Mason but I do kinda expect more from our senior QB. 

• Upvote 2

At the end of the day, this athletic season for UNT is not starting out well. Football just got decimated, volleyball is losing consistently, and soccer has lost the last two, but at least those losses were against ranked opponents. I don't worry about soccer because Coach Hedlund has a very young team and he will get the ship righted and cruise through CUSA. The other sports, I don't know about. The way this season is starting, I hope basketball doesn't continue the downward trend of this season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1