Whew - I was thinking SMU wouldn’t have enough

TheColonyEagle

Wow, go from playing in a full house to a house where no one is home.  I was in Nebraska for month with my job and it was during football season. I stopped by Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and you would have thought you  were live in the stadium the crowd was so loud.   

We were playing Army when we were not so good (years ago).  I asked the sports bar mgr if they would have the Army vs UNT game on one of the televisions.  Blank stare but since we had a earlier game start he humored me. I wish he would have ignored me.  As I recall our qb broke or was injured in the first series.

6 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Wow, go from playing in a full house to a house where no one is home.  I was in Nebraska for month with my job and it was during football season. I stopped by Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and you would have thought you  were live in the stadium the crowd was so loud.   

We were playing Army when we were not so good (years ago).  I asked the sports bar mgr if they would have the Army vs UNT game on one of the televisions.  Blank stare but since we had a earlier game start he humored me. I wish he would have ignored me.  As I recall our qb broke or was injured in the first series.

4 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Yes, I remember that game. Then came... Derek Thompson which was a stud! He was better than most of us gave him credit. Thanks DT!!  #GMG

Actually, it was Derek Thompson that broke his leg against Army.  That was a crazy year for injuries.   Some were trying to blame the new turf at Fouts. 

Memories:  https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/unt-mean-green/2010/10/05/football-unt-qb-s-status-in-jeopardy/

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Actually, it was Derek Thompson that broke his leg against Army.  That was a crazy year for injuries.   Some were trying to blame the new turf at Fouts. 

Memories:  https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/unt-mean-green/2010/10/05/football-unt-qb-s-status-in-jeopardy/

42 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

The team's name should have been the walking dead. Wow, talking about bad luck.

That’s also the year that poor Ray got away while Nathan Tune was in the hospital. 

• Ray 4

Just now, Udomann said:

We had a kid on here last year..Malonish. He was a quality troll, played with class.

This guy, just smacks of trust fund baby. Probably voted for Trump.

@malonish isn’t a troll. He was a legit fan wanting to spar a bit and share info and insults. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, $MU $WAG said:

Do UNT fans really want to get into car brand comparison smack? There will never be more Hyundais in Highland Park than today. Fortunately it’s just for a few hours.

Never seen anyone stickup for Nissan.  Did they let you off from selling cars at Trophy to the go to the game?

I'd rather have a whole fleet of Hyundai vs one Nissan... Everyone knows they're the most garbage import car since Yugo.

19 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I mean Park Place Lexus is technically our turf but whatevs. 

Also eat a pony baloney. 

That's where I pick my Lexus'es up from.  Carl Sewell and SMU can suck it.

11 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

I'm seriously confused at how SMU, a program with a lackluster record over the past few years, has garnered this much attention from transfers.  I mean really, what do they have to offer that others don't.  I'll let y'all speculate.

paid pay day GIF

Boats and hoes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

You know the nice thing about a Hyundai is it's easier to shove up your ass than other cars,

I legit LOLed at this. 

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

This guy, just smacks of trust fund baby. Probably voted for Trump.

Newsflash bub, you got Trump-voting UNT alums on this board too. Let's stick to football and trash talk--err--locker-room talk.

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Newsflash bub, you got Trump-voting UNT alums on this board too. Let's stick to football and trash talk--err--locker-room talk.

All good my friend. Sometimes we are faced with nothing but bad choices and we just have to listen to our gut.

And that, kids, is the story of why I ordered the Impossible whopper instead of the legacy one.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1