IPF Turf Update

MGNation92

Wow, what a beautiful facility.

So, just North Texas and Houston have indoor practice fields inside solid structures? Texas has an inflatable structure and ATM has cloth, and aren't all the other indoor practice facilities (TCU, Tech, Baylor) short or partial fields? Isn't SMU building a tiny half field facility?

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Wow, what a beautiful facility.

So, just North Texas and Houston have indoor practice fields inside solid structures? Texas has an inflatable structure and ATM has cloth, and aren't all the other indoor practice facilities (TCU, Tech, Baylor) short or partial fields? Isn't SMU building a tiny half field facility?

SMU has already opened an indoor practice facility, it's a solid structure, but yeah, it's a tiny 90 yard half field, but real estate is a little harder to come by down here, costs a little more too. 

Ours does have AC though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

giphy.gif

SMU midfield is at the 35, so a 70 yard playing field (close to half size) plus end zones.

At least they are all air conditioned, well all except UTSA. For some reason the people at that school are opposed to building walls.

Edited by ADLER
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

If MF can throw a deep ball around that curve, he should be admitted to the NFL HOF immediately!

That's what I was thinking.  Fine may be working behind the scenes on a "slice pass", or the "hard draw pass" that will officially place him at the top of the Heisman list and winning that prestigious award. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

That's what I was thinking.  Fine may be working behind the scenes on a "slice pass", or the "hard draw pass" that will officially place him at the top of the Heisman list and winning that prestigious award. 

That will make the Arkansas game look like Pop Warner

3 hours ago, dutch said:

SMU has already opened an indoor practice facility, it's a solid structure, but yeah, it's a tiny 90 yard half field, but real estate is a little harder to come by down here, costs a little more too. 

I'm a bit astonished that SMU wasted space in the middle of campus for their IPF.  With space on campus coming at a premium, are the powers at be that confident they won't need that space for another academic building?  I'd guess you could have put it on the east side of 75 in the "SMU East Campus" area and found enough room for a full distance field.

I'm guessing whoever the big donor for the facility insisted it be in the heart of campus so they could point to it and brag from their Boulevard spot? 

woody harrelson crying GIF

3 hours ago, dutch said:

Did SMU actually build one?  The only pictures on the SMU Athletics website are from the drawings made before construction.  The only pictures I found online were supposedly of the construction.  You'd think if the facility was so nice it wouldn't be so hard to find pictures of it. 

Pics or it didn't happen.