I think more people should be taking the train for this SMU game

Harry

If you're on the Red, Orange, or Blue lines have at it, great way to get there... Especially quick if you're on the eastern side of the Dart map. 

If you're unlucky enough to be on the Green line because you're transferring from the DCTA A-Train, make sure you change to the Red/Orange line at Victory... I'd say its the least frequented by those who look to cause trouble.  Whatever you do, don't transfer trains at West End. If you miss Victory, I'd personally wait till St Paul to transfer, its the deadest of the CBD stations on the weekends.

And don't miss that last DCTA train from Trinity Mills at 10:45p. Short verison: The DCTA A-Train runs an almost useless Saturday schedule. Its a wonder anyone rides the thing at all.

I rode the Dart and TRE about 10 years ago when commuting from downtown to Centreport.  I still can recount some rather interesting stories from that time.  I now save my single Dart ride for when I go from Plano to the State Fair once a year.

The Red line doesn't go to Victory Station, it goes into South Dallas after West End station.  Only Green and Orange stop @ Victory.  To transfer from Green (inbound) do so at any of the 4 downtown stops (West End through Pearl).  Be careful at St Paul also, the 7-11 there attracts lots of panhandlers begging folks coming out of the store.  I usually transfer to or from Green at Pearl.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

I'll resist posting the obvious youtube of the classic jazz tune...............OK, no I won't.....

How about UNT's GRAMMY-nominated Rich DeRosa and his take on the tune?

On both the Perseverance compilation and Lab 2013 available here for purchase.

I thought the most familiar version would work better for a joke. The 1 O'clock band can take it a bit long and a bit too abstract before they get to the most familiar part of the tune. Most people don't have the patience to "wait for it".

BTW good job of taking the opportunity to promote the program.

Edited by SilverEagle