SMU pass rush critical against UNT

Harry

His school’s all-time passing leader, Mason Fine, leads leads his North Texas team down I-35 to take on the Mustangs after a victory over Abilene Christian in which he threw for 383 yards, completed 75 percent of his passes and four touchdown passes. UNT jumped out to a 31-0 lead before the first half ended and cruised to a 51-31 win. 

On the ground, UNT put up a solid 5.6 yards per carry, and has plenty of weapons out of the backfield like Deandre Torrey (11 carries, 95 yards) and Loren Easly (nine carries, 51 yards, one touchdown). But where I think SMU will have trouble is containing Fine and head coach Seth Littrell’s passing attack. UNT has numerous weapons on the outside, and given how susceptible to the big play SMU seemed at times against ASU, some of UNT’s burners on the outside could give the Ponies some trouble.

read more:  http://www.ponyfans.com/features/story.php?id=1310

21 hours ago, ADLER said:

I don't know how old he is, but Nate does his research and is usually fairly accurate in his assessments. I did not read much that I could disagree with.

Hopefully you disagreed with his prediction????

side eye wtf GIF

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ADLER said:

Are you suggesting it's not possible? 

Me saying that something is not going to happen does not mean that something is not going to happen. (Only my bride can do that)

Anything is possible (except my wife being wrong about something, obviously), but I still disagree with his predictions - especially the score and that the SMUt offense is better positioned to score on us than vice versa.

• Downvote 1