Win the job or get out

Harry

I think the NCAA will have to do something with the cluster F that is the "TRANSFER PORTAL". I think you will see more and more schools, especially FCS, where they end up with transfer after transfer starting at QB. This past weekend it was crazy with how many transfers seemed to be on every team.

I am very interested to see how the transfers are going to impact the recruiting process. Example, at what point is SMU going to be impacted with all of the transfers they signed? 

Also, they need to get consistent on eligibility after transferring. Too many "high profile" players are being granted immediate eligibility while other have to sit out. 

I, for what it's worth would like to see the following -

1. No schools can sign more than 4 transfers per signing class
  2. Each player who transfer gets one transfer where they do not have to sit out
  3. There needs to be a cutoff date. There were players entering the portal right before the season started once they learned they had been beaten out.

Other impacts I think we will see coming -

• FCS schools will get more and more players who were highly recruited out of HS but did not work out
  • You will see more schools (SMU example) who will go all in on transfers in an effort to turn around programs.
  • More players who are not starters, or top backups will see their scholarships not renewed to make room for transfers (again, very interested how the NCAA will account for transfer scholarships) 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3