SMU football forum

Big Z

Well folks... Every two years, one day comes around where we have to be vigilant, even in the North Dallas area. On Saturday, hordes of great examples of a traveling fanbase dressed in green compared to our fanbase dressed in white or light colored polos and khaki shorts and frat daddy sunglasses will allow a more dedicated fanbase in Denton fill our usually empty stadium. PLEASE remember to lock your doors, secure all valuables out of plain sight and be particularly aware of your surroundings... Who am I kidding, we don't leave our mansions or vacation condos for anything... And if you see something, SAY SOMETHING. (This will not happen, because we don't attend our football games) I imagine the police presence will be increased even more than normal gamedays on Saturday given the disposition of the visiting fan base, but that doesn’t mean we should let our guards down. In other words, we get in a civil dispute about true fans parking on our neighborhood streets and use the "my daddy is a lawyer threat on them". 

Also, let’s cheat the [deleted] out of these winners like we did before we got caught back in the 80's.Once a cheater.. Always a cheater!

I edited the OP's post. He should have proofread, 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

“This game is the NTSU Superbowl. We get nothing out of playing them. When we win, it is not a quality win. We would just as likely go down in any rankings as up. If we happen to lose, it is seen as losing to a FCS team even though technically they're FBS. They travel with some fans since they're close and what else is there to do in Denton. Any P5 team would be better or, failing that, an old SWC rival. Never look forward to playing the green weenies.”

Interesting

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

What they fail to understand is that every team from the old SWC was happy to drop the dead weight and want Nothing. To. Do. With. Them.  

Subtract the years when they were blatantly paying to win and tell when when they were relevant...don’t worry, I’ll wait.  

Doak Walker years were good, but yeah. 

4 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Doak Walker years were good, but yeah. 

Ahhh the Doak Walker years, those were the days.  

Japan had yet to bomb Pearl Harbor, Jim Crow was alive and well, and the SI swimsuit issue featured some very risqué shots of ankles.   

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2