Official SMU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

As I recall from last season, this site has some accurate predictions for the game.  I hope it's true this yea, because I like what they have to say about Saturday.  Note MF's comments about the "NORTH - TEXAS" chant - we'll need to get that going during key times.  GMG

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/ncaaf/9-7-2019/north-texas-vs-smu-prediction-4070/

• Upvote 1

SMU faced a good defense for half a game, and a good offense for half a game. What they haven't seen is a great offense for a full game. 

There's no reason to let up in this one as opposed to our game with ACU. On the contrary, SMU had to pull out all the stops to keep I-n-d-i-a-n-s from meaning victory. Sorry. Red Wolves. And somehow, gave up 300 yards against that offense.

If they give that much up against ASU... dear gods...

So I've got UNT winning against the O/U in this game.

UNT - 77
SMU - 63

• Upvote 2

I think our defense will be more ready to go for this game. Shane put up decent numbers at Arkansas State in Week 1, but I think he faces a tougher defense this week. Add in Mason and the offense clicking and I think UNT wins this game. I think it'll be pretty even throughout the first half before the UNT offense rolls and the defense makes some big plays in the 3rd quarter and puts the game away with a big stop late in the 4th. Gimme: 

North Texas - 44

SMU - 31

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.betfirm.com/north-texas-smu-odds/

I feel more comfortable leaning toward North Texas to win and cover. The Mean Green are in better shape offensively and will be much more difficult to stop once they get rolling than the Mustangs. Eventually, North Texas will get the separation they need to cover the 3.5-point spread.