Official SMU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

smut 40-unt 30, unless or DBS get a lot better.  If we have the same effort we had last week it could get ugly. 

I was really hoping I was going to be wrong on this but I wasn't.  If our db's can not cover one on one they need help.  I thought we go 8-4 this year but I am thinking now we will be about 6-6.  We lose to Cal, Houston, La Tech ( qb looked good yesterday and he lite us up last year).  Would not be surprised if we lose to UTSA just because where they sit on our schedule.  SMU has shown everyone how to beat us. What happen to the fast offense?   I guess Harrell was better than we thought.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Talon90 said:

UNT 42 -  smu 34

This win will help us #hit6 and #olddenton will celebrate with #newdenton when Ron Maestri presents us the North Texassss....no New Orleanssss......no Safewayyyyy Bowwllll trophy while Matt Simon smiles in his office in Newark, Delaware. 

this made my head hurt so much...

• Upvote 1

It's tempting to assume the worst after last week's second half defensive lapses. ACU is a middling team and we gave up a handful of big plays late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. On the surface they looked like mental mistakes, but that doesn't really matter does it?

We have the better offense, hands down. Special teams looked good too. Since I'm not sure about the defense and offensive play calling, I'm 50/50 on how this game will turn out.

First team to 60 points wins.

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, Udomann said:

We really have to rate this as 2 games based on our history:

First half: 28-10 (UNT)
Second half: 31-34 (SMUt)

Quoting myself (cause I'm so meta it hurts), but after more thought, I think our defense comes out pissed and on fire. You can only hear so much bad feedback about yourself before deciding you've had enough and they show us the "mean"ing of mean green.

38-24. Everything is awesome.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think UNT will come out hot again and start to settle in. Seth has proven to be incredible at scripting the first few drives to exploit opponents weaknesses.

Defense will come out hungry after allowing 31 to ACU. Maybe even a TD. Gimme 2 Hambone sacks while we are at it.  I’m not that scared of their QB situation either. He’s a bus driver. Won’t make mistakes but won’t take risks either. 

At the end of the day, Mason is just too good and the defense is just good enough.

UNT 41

SMU 24

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 2

I’ve been looking across the scoreboard from last week and I think our defense will be just fine.

UC Davis put up 13 on Cals top rated defense.

SFA put up 17 on Baylor

Northern Iowa put up 26 on a ranked Iowa State. 

The key is obviously our offense keeping the pressure on, I believe that we win 45-30.

• Upvote 2