Official SMU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

Well, game 1 was a tale of 2 halves for sure. 
GMG.com is in full tailspin regarding the defensive collapse in the 2nd half (nevermind the first half performance... nothing to see there), and there's a fear that a UT castoff is going to torch that defense.   
I don't think so.

I'll be anxious to see if Tyreke Davis, Kelvin Smith, & Elex Woodworth will be back for this game.  If so, and we're at full strength, I like NT's chances to finally go into Dallas and come away with a big win in a very entertaining game.

I'm assuming they will be.

Give me:
NT - 41
SMU - 31

• Upvote 1

We are built to let opponents beat themselves, when they don’t we struggle.  Thus the reality is we do very poorly against against good QB’s and our big wins are against teams that beat themselves.   Last year SMU and ARK were great examples of good wins helped by really bad opposing QBs play.  Offense will keep us in for awhile, but SMU will pull away.  SMU 45, MG 31

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 9

UNT- 55

SMU- 48

This game is the first true test on how this season is going to go. First away game, first D1 school, a testing offense for our debatable defense. If there is any game I want to run up the score more on.. It's this one.. I would put a lower score for SMU, but the defense has to prove me wrong this weekend. our fearless leader, Fine needs to sling the rock on these guys. GMG!

• Upvote 3

I feel like everybody is saying our defense is terrible but when they played and seriously felt like playing we destroyed the other team.. when "they played" knowing we would win they gave up big plays.  That's how football goes if you could care less you are going to give up big plays.  This weekend will show us a defense that should be ready and eager to play an entire game.

• Upvote 1

I think SMU was in a dog fight this past weekend and had to run the full playbook. 

I think we were on cruise control, went up big early, and then went straight vanilla to close it out (allowing them to put up garbage points after it was 31-0 with 2:45 to go in the first half).  

SMU will score points, because they honestly HAVE to be better than that flaming dung pile they threw out on the field last year at Apogee.   I still pick the good guys though.  

North Texas - 38

SMU - 30 

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1