UNT partnering with SMU for student tickets: UNTvsSMU.com

Harry

44 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Honestly, who cares whose idea it was?🙃

Students get a good bargain out of the deal & that’s all that counts, isn’t it?  

BEAT SMU! 

Hopefully Wren and crew have already thought about a bus (or 5 or 6) to take students down as well.... 

4 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

It may be SMU's. They may be desperate to have better attendance numbers. 

Nah, @meanJewGreen said it was a pretty smart idea, so there is no chance it was smuT's.

Speaking of buses, they should do an A Train promo since you can basically take the train to Mockingbird Station and then walk to the stadium.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Nah, @meanJewGreen said it was a pretty smart idea, so there is no chance it was smuT's.

Okay, tinfoil hat time. 

Wren says this is a partnership with SMU.

There's SMU branding all over the site, and references to their ticket office contact info, not ours...

All the pictures used in the slideshow are of last year's game, however the focus of each image is specifcally on actions by SMU players...

We're the ones known to squat on custom domain names for special events...

But here's the kicker... this purports to be an SMU site while explicitly mentioning this game as The Safeway Bowl.

There's only one conclusion...

Ray will be found this weekend tackling Peruna at the 50 yard line.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 10.42.44 PM.png

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 4

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Speaking of buses, they should do an A Train promo since you can basically take the train to Mockingbird Station and then walk to the stadium.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but I’m pretty sure you’d have to do 2 train transfers each way.  

Also, they have a shuttle that runs from Mockingbird Station to the stadium.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Not sure if you are serious or not, but I’m pretty sure you’d have to do 2 train transfers each way.  

Also, they have a shuttle that runs from Mockingbird Station to the stadium.

Really serious.  I have never done it, but have heard of people that have and they say it is really easy...see @Legend500 above.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Really serious.  I have never done it, but have heard of people that have and they say it is really easy...see @Legend500 above.

I’ve done it multiple times from Plano (which doesn’t require transfers).   Just making sure you know you’ll have to change a couple times coming from Denton.  Still super easy. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

They never offered such awesome packages when I was a student. I love the leadership we have! Hope a ton of students take advantage 

They did for us in the 80’s.  Met my roommate and life long friend on the way to the ‘88 tU game in Austin.

I hope every student takes advantage of this offer.

Rick