Up-tempo Offense???

Philip Ferguson

9 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I thought the offense was going to move from the line much faster this season.  I didn't notice much of a difference last night compared to the past few years.  Did I miss something or is BR saving that for later?  GMG

Oh, it happened quite a few times.  It goes in spurts.  One time, they got a first down, lined up, & snapped before the Green Brigade could finish their first down diddy.

• Upvote 3

Right out the gate, we showed some new formations...three set backs, tight end throws, etc. However, I thought that overall after our two quick touchdowns, we let off the gas a bit and played some more standard formations/plays.  I figured that our OC decided that he didn't need to continue to show his hand given the ease that we scored. 

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought against SMU we did not appear as fast though I don't know the technicals above support that.

What I did notice is that we seem to do these long, drawn out plays with long/longer receiver routes. And where were the new increased use of tight ends?  I want to us to return to a two or three step drop back and fire the ball out of there; this is Fine's strength (to make a quick decision and to throw an accurate and on-time pass). Moreover, this is hard to defend and helps our offensive line and to limit sacks. I want to see "fast" not just between plays, but during the plays. 

• Upvote 2