SMU Opens Up 4 1/2 Point Favorite

Talon90

After watching both teams last night this line is what I expected. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Over/Under go up.  It will be interesting to see how the line moves this week as well.

We will score a lot as SMU's secondary did not look very good.  On the other hand their QB (Buchelle) looks good and they have a balanced attack with speed at all the skill positions.  We need to be able to run the ball and get a few keep stops.  This is shaping up to be quite the shootout. 

20190901_174351.jpg

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

both teams have talent, I think this game will come down to coaching and what adjustments each team can make after they get a few looks at each other.  that said, I was surprised the way UNT stayed committed to the a run defense when they were up 17+ points, instead of adjusting to a cover 2.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

image.png.9e9191669bf07eef413d45caeb59d7e5.png

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Wow they're saying our defense is god awful, but it seems like they are not that great anyways. Also the name north Texas state makes me sick!

P0ny Fans is one big delusional circle jerk. They could have gotten their backs blown out by AState and they would still think UNT has no chance.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/9/2/20844173/first-reactions-to-week-2-matchups-ats-sports-gambling-betting-ucf-football

4. North Texas at SMU

Spread - SMU -4

The Mustangs had a hard fought and impressive win Saturday night over Arkansas State. Texas transfer quarterback Shane Buechele played well in his first start for the Mustangs passing for 360 yards in the air. This is also a revenge spot for SMU as they were humiliated by North Texas last season in Dallas. Mason Fine threw for over 400 yards and three scores in the easy win a year ago. North Texas had an up and down win over Abilene Christian on Saturday night. The Mean Green scored 51 points and Mason Fine played well. The defense however gave up over 450 yards and 31 points to ACU. I’m high on SMU this year and think they get revenge with a comfortable win over North Texas in their home opener.

I favor the Mustangs to win and cover

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2