SMU attendance predictions

Harry

Agree, both teams are 1-0, full of optimism, if weather is good, we get around 25k with close to 10k Mean Greens.

Hopefully, the SMU fans will come out in better numbers and push it closer to 30K...but probably not.

read more:  http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87360&sid=b55a7cad1990ef3d61526e2179e07f2a

Its their first home game and a late game.  I tend to think that the kids and Alum will have spent the whole day trying to Out-Boulevard each other and will be too drunk to make it in if they haven't already passed out.  

I want better for them, but we'll probably have 8 to 10k in Green there and they'll be lucky to match that 1 for 1 in the stands. I'm sure there's at least another 10k SMU fans in the suites... or so they say.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

They were so silly to do a white out when that is one of our primary colors. As mentioned everyone needs to wear a lot of green because the overview shot is going to have it be Apogee South Stadium. Had they done a red out it would look like Christmas 3 months early. A blue out would have looked like a giant throwback Dirk jersey from above. So now it will just look right and sound right when we get the North Texas chant rocking! 

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Its their first home game and a late game.  I tend to think that the kids and Alum will have spent the whole day trying to Out-Boulevard each other and will be too drunk to make it in if they haven't already passed out.  

I want better for them, but we'll probably have 8 to 10k in Green there and they'll be lucky to match that 1 for 1 in the stands. I'm sure there's at least another 10k SMU fans in the suites... or so they say.

Yeah but with them beatin State i expect them to have a decent showing since it’s theirnfirst game.

39 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I’ve walked around he SMU tailgating several times.  If we (and they) are being honest it is incredibly overhyped. 

According to some complaints on PerunaFans.com there has been some shuffling of the Boulevard layout and people haven't taken it well.  Sounds like there's open spots on the Boulevard, which was previously unheard of. 

Also, I think they've moved the Mustang Club people inside the IPF and off the Boulevard.  Pulling a few hundred people off the Boulevard is a good way to suck a bit of life out of your normally raucous party atmosphere.  And I think it puts the Mustang Club group even farther from Ford field than they were.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I say 50/50 and also SMU is having a whiteout so it’ll be interesting to see how that works out.

We started with a whiteout, Okalhoma’s Started with a whiteout, now SMU...

Is this a ...thing that a bunch of ADs just mutually decided, “yeah!” this year?

• Upvote 1

Wear green.  If NT fans wear their white shirts from Saturday's game, they will look like Sothern Meth fans.  

It should be noted that the Southern Meth White Flag of Surrender will be harder to see if it is sandwiched between both their fans.  Please keep a look out.

WEAR GREEN -WEAR -GREEN -WEAR GREEN -WEAR GREEN -WEAR GREEN-WEAR GREEN-WEAR GREEN-WEAR GREEN-WEAR GREEN

6 for Heisman

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

I’m still thinking there will be many more of the Mean Green faithful than SMU fans.  The win over A-State won’t be enough to pull their fair to spare fans out of the woodwork to see a game against North Texas.  My spidey sense says the flipped-collar folk have no respect for either of those teams.  

• Upvote 1