What I saw from SMU yesterday

Arkstfan

24 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I fully expect this game to look like our game against them back in 2007, in dodge’s first year, where it was just a shootout, but whichever defense made a stand or got a turnover would win the game. I think it’ll be that kind of game...

I hope we score on every possession, but use plenty of clock doing it too.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

13 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

I hope we score on every possession, but use plenty of clock doing it too.

Rank fan speculation on my part but a slow tempo may throw them off. We had several delays for reviews with each team losing a guy to targeting and two long injury breaks including an SMU player carted off. SMU seemed more disrupted by the goofy pace. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Again, Arkstfan, so sorry to hear of your Coach’s tragic loss of his wife.  

I read somewhere that he had another emergency & was not at last night’s game?

My understanding is his father's health is deteriorating rapidly. He was not present Saturday and the talk seems to exceed knowledge (small town America) I've heard conflicting claims that he was with his father vs he took the family away from Jonesboro for a family only activity to do something Wendy had wanted to do because he did not want to disrupt the week. 

All I know with confidence is his father is in very bad health and he was not in town yesterday.

Kudos to SMU. They wore decals with Wendy's initials and Dykes attended the funeral.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I fully expect this game to look like our game against them back in 2007, in dodge’s first year, where it was just a shootout, but whichever defense made a stand or got a turnover would win the game. I think it’ll be that kind of game...

I think our defense is better than that. It was frustrating to watch us give up so many points but I am not ready to compare this defense to Dodge years . That is simply asinine. 

My guess before the season started is that we would give up around 30 a game. I think if we give up 30-36 against SMUt then we probably win the game. 

• Upvote 2