Nick Harvey was stellar tonight

Harry

16 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I would like to see Whitlock or Gaddy inserted at CB with Harvey moving to Moore's spot.

Another week of what's going on currently (especially if it works at all for an inept UTSA offense) and I'll be on board with this.  Harvey is clearly being picked on in man coverage.  There's no way around that. 
He's very good at defending/tackling in space though, so he's certainly useful.  Maybe that nickel spot Tyreke was successful in last season would be a good change for Harvey.

EDIT:  I just worry about what happens if we throw Gaddie to the wolves...  is he ready?  Might he get torched early (thus, not improving the situation) and ruin his confidence moving forward, effectually "breaking" him for the future?

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

On 9/7/2019 at 8:58 PM, untbowler said:

sounds like he is not a CB and should be back to Safety, blame this on coaching staff leaving him on an island at the corner. 

I find it hard to believe but I must agree with the part of the statement I left in the quote box.  Harvey IS NOT a corner...he is a safety playing out of position and it shows! This is most definitely a coaching issue.  It is time to get him off corner and back to safety or somewhere else.  He is not a corner....period.  We saw that with ACU and now again against SMU.  It is sad to see the coaches put him in a position to fail...and fail he has so far at corner.  Move the kid from corner.  I don't care if we put in one of our true freshmen corners.  Can they do any worse? They have at least played corner through out their HS careers. This is not Harvey's fault.  He is trying his best...he simply is not a corner and leaving a very inexperienced kid on corner with no help is a disaster waiting to happen.  Just hard to blame the player here for this dumpster fire at corner.  

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1