Nick Harvey was stellar tonight

Harry

I am surprised ACU did not throw every pass his direction.  I was thinking maybe our DC should switch 4 and 9 now and then.  I was listening to the after game radio show and they made the same comment about him and all I could think he made those tackles were made after the his receivers made the catch.  

There was one play I thought he would get an interception because it took a while to develop and the qb was looking at the receiver the whole way but Harvey was so far back he wasn't close enough to make a play.   On the long td pass he played the guy at the line and the receiver turn him around and it was TD time.

I was surprised we didn't try someone else at that spot.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

For those of you worried that his tackles came from tackling his man after a catch, you may not have been paying attention to most of his tackles coming from run support on sweep run plays, or rb screen/flat plays to his side.  He's a very sure tackler & was able to get off his blocks to make those stops with ease.

He did get beat a few times, but I bet coach Ref & coach Jennings coach him up a bit this week.

I'm still on board with him starting. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

For those of you worried that his tackles came from tackling his man after a catch, you may not have been paying attention to most of his tackles coming from run support on sweep run plays, or rb screen/flat plays to his side.  He's a very sure tackler & was able to get off his blocks to make those stops with ease.

He did get beat a few times, but I bet coach Ref & coach Jennings coach him up a bit this week.

Just watched the game again last night and was coming on here to say this.

Also he was beaten a few time but he hasn't played corner in what 2 or 3 years? Missed some time and was moved to safety. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Whitlock.

I'm a fan of longer corners, and think it would help, especially in press man. They don't have huge receivers, but they are good route runners. Get your hands on them and disrupt the timing

• Lovely Take 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Reff puts the corners on the island so getting beat can and will happen.  Also I thought our pass rush disappeared at times which left him exposed.  He made a ton of tackles in that game at least one I saw prevented a TD.

I don’t want anyone to think my criticism of him was anything bad. I agree he did a great job tackling and sealing gaps in the run game. I just also know I saw him get beat deep more then once (which I understand can happen to any CB in this system). I did say he looked horrible (in that aspect of the game). I am rooting for him to succeed! 

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 2