Student section vs. ACU

WanderingEagle

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Interesting when you mention the wing everybody knows what you are talking about. Might have been the point! Fill the wing!

When somebody mentions the Fyre Festival almost everyone knows what is being talked about. That doesn’t inherently make it a good idea. The wingzone may be a great idea, but it isn’t for that reason. I fully realize it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. 

• Thanks 1

During the opening game it was pretty full - that was Houston many years ago. I bet you see a repeat this year. We just need more big games.  Make it the Texas tech visitor section in a few years. Make it a BYU or Boise visitor section.  Get those games with their thousands of supporters and it will populate. 

Or make it a supported section like on soccer. FC Dallas has the beer garden Lafc has the 3052 or something like that.  Let the craziest supporters bring in flags and drums and smoke machines. Make it the place to be and get rowdy like a students alumni crazy zone. 

GMG

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ibleedgreen said:

The wing is NOT an eyesore. It is something that sets Apogee apart. My architect son admires it, and I like it, too.

It might look good from the highway but during the majority of our games it accentuates the fact that we're not operating at full capacity.

Functional bowl seating, or adding height to the visitors side (which sometimes looks like a high school stadium on TV) would have been better. I like Apogee but I find some of the decisions puzzling.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

I was quite impressed with the student attendance last night. I absolutely LOVED seeing the sea of white from across the way. They were loud and proud (which accentuated the “MF-in Eagles”, meh) - But it sounded great from the other side. 

Students if you’re on here, PLEASE keep it up. It is so great to see those sections filled! Students being loud (and just being there) during games can make such a huge difference.

Keep. It. Up!

709E6BE2-59EE-4009-B6AC-0EB0C1996D4E.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meangreenlax said:

It might look good from the highway but during the majority of our games it accentuates the fact that we're not operating at full capacity.

Functional bowl seating, or adding height to the visitors side (which sometimes looks like a high school stadium on TV) would have been better. I like Apogee but I find some of the decisions puzzling.

I like it and don’t find it puzzling.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, meangreenlax said:

As always, I stand to be corrected, but I think it was actually an HKS architect person who came up with the Wing Zone design I guess to satisfy himself or impress the boss, but in doing that maybe he forgot which group needed to be satisfied?  (Of course, someone at UNT needed to rubber stamp that idea). 

• On the flip side, that Wing Zone sure takes on a different personality when its full (or almost full).  We’ll have it for the rest of most our lives, but (still) the first expansion rumor will be about a 9,000 seat double deck on the Student Side which will give Apogee 40,000 seats & a pretty good (& aesthetically) balanced look for the entire stadium......IMHO.

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen