When I’ll know we’ve arrived

emmitt01

When we are no longer dependent on any one player to reach success then I’ll know we have reached the top of the mountain.

This year, if Mason Fine goes down for 3+ games, most of our stated goals are out the window.   If we were where we need to be as a program, his loss would mean the difference between a CUSA championship team that flirts with the top 25 and a regular ol’ bowl team that might compete for a championship.  We’d still have a pretty high ceiling to shoot for.  

If Tom Brady goes down, the Patriots still have their established culture and their winning ways...they may nor be Super Bowl favorites, but they don’t automatically miss the playoffs.

We need to get to that point.  

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

56 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

When we are no longer dependent on any one player to reach success then I’ll know we have reached the top of the mountain.

This year, if Mason Fine goes down for 3+ games, most of our stated goals are out the window.   If we were where we need to be as a program, his loss would mean the difference between a CUSA championship team that flirts with the top 25 and a regular ol’ bowl team that might compete for a championship.  We’d still have a pretty high ceiling to shoot for.  

If Tom Brady goes down, the Patriots still have their established culture and their winning ways...they may nor be Super Bowl favorites, but they don’t automatically miss the playoffs.

I think we are closer than you realize.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Emmitt01 speaks the truth.   In the past it’s been 3 steps forward — 5 back. We need to keep this group in Athletics as long as we can.  May the stars align & Lady Luck smile so that we can.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

3/4 of a full page article in the Austin American Statesman today on our very own Mason Fine.  No one gets in the Statesman unless they are UT or Big 12 related. The fact Mason has essentially a whole page write up in the Statesman is almost one of those “we have arrived moments”.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Gosh, I had forgotten just how bad our old uniforms were...hideous!

Our current uniforms are money! 

I was just thinking that. It’s wild to think how much this program has grown with different leadership. 

As to the OP, I keep hearing the players and coaches refer to the culture of UNT football. It probably won’t be able to replace Fine, but the team would still be competitive and believe in each other. They seem to embody the next man up philosophy.  It’s a great time to be a fan!  GMG!

• Upvote 1