Our visit to Aggieland in ‘20

The visiting Bobcats can’t seem to move the chains much tonight. Multiple QBs with multiple interceptions thrown...#80 on offense looks like he’s a playmaker.  

Aggies turned the ball over twice , settled for a few field goals, so they’re offense doesn’t look dominant.  Bobcats penetrated a few times, pressuring Mond more than once, so we know they're vulnerable.  

Bobcats also have piss poor field position all night.  That home crowd is raucous and loud - bet it’s an experience.  

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

I just hate these games like tonight where Uber-rich A&M pays little ol’ poor cousin Texas State to come play a few hours away and take an ass-whipping, this demoralizing the Texas State fanbase, which is already made up of tons of Longhorn and Aggie t-shirt fans. Same with UTSA. I would never play a game against UT, OU, or A&M ever if was the AD at an instate SBCUSA Texas school. Not enough money to cover the pain of that loss. Play any other power team, but don’t let the local media or your own fanbase in your town just look down on you again because you got an ass-kicking from a Power program with tons of local t-shirt fans, many of whom are on campus already in places like Denton, San Marcos, San Antonio, and El Paso. I’d do the same thing at La Tech, avoiding games with LSU...

• Upvote 1

But when Houston or Boise play these games you think of it as a potentially good matchup. We have been Texas state recently. We are not yet Boise or UCF, but it is part of the maturation process of a program. I think Texas state crushes some programs down the line based on this mammoth test they got tonight. 

I am not looking at our trip to cal like we are going to Austin or college station or Baton Rouge. There are levels within levels and it is nice to be growing in our planted place at this time. 

Beat ACU!

GMG

• Upvote 2