CUSA early scores-Thursday night games

Marty

Week 1 is rarely a great indicator of what the heck is going to happen over the next 13 weeks.

The games played so far are not exactly a great indicator of CUSA either.

WKU fans are probably trying to figure out if hoops can start earlier. Charlotte is still a hoops school. UAB is a hoops school that just got the hit of losing basically a travel squad sized group of seniors they had amassed for the return to football. FIU managed two bowl appearances in four years of having one of the best players to come out of the Group of Five in the past decade, Davis is 67 so who knows how the recruiting situation is but he managed a 15-17 ACC record at UNC before the NCAA "adjusted" the outcome.

Not exactly a parade of the football first schools that have fan bases demanding football accountability.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

Week 1 is rarely a great indicator of what the heck is going to happen over the next 13 weeks.

The games played so far are not exactly a great indicator of CUSA either.

WKU fans are probably trying to figure out if hoops can start earlier. Charlotte is still a hoops school. UAB is a hoops school that just got the hit of losing basically a travel squad sized group of seniors they had amassed for the return to football. FIU managed two bowl appearances in four years of having one of the best players to come out of the Group of Five in the past decade, Davis is 67 so who knows how the recruiting situation is but he managed a 15-17 ACC record at UNC before the NCAA "adjusted" the outcome.

Not exactly a parade of the football first schools that have fan bases demanding football accountability.

WKU had multiple ten win seasons recently so they’re not a perennial lousy team. You can struggle against UCA but you gotta win that game. 

Butch Davis hasn’t won anywhere as a head coach not named Miami. 

Charlotte? Yeah, good luck winning there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

WKU had multiple ten win seasons recently...

Gotta wonder what Coach Brohm is thinking.  I mean, I know he’s employed elsewhere now, but he really brought them up before heading to Purdue.   I bet it has crossed his mind that their leadership let what he built crumble within 2 years and are venturing close to rock bottom now.

2 hours ago, meanrob said:

WKU had multiple ten win seasons recently so they’re not a perennial lousy team. You can struggle against UCA but you gotta win that game. 

Butch Davis hasn’t won anywhere as a head coach not named Miami. 

Charlotte? Yeah, good luck winning there. 

WKU football had 2 10+ win seasons. Years 2 and 3 of CUSA which happened to be years 2 and 3 of Jeff Brohm. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Gotta wonder what Coach Brohm is thinking.  I mean, I know he’s employed elsewhere now, but he really brought them up before heading to Purdue.   I bet it has crossed his mind that their leadership let what he built crumble within 2 years and are venturing close to rock bottom now.

Worst was when Fedora left USM. They repudiated everything Fedora did. Changed offense and defense and hired a staff much older than the one Fedora had. 

• Upvote 1