247sports - Team Talent Composite

jdennis82

247sports recently put out a ranking of CFB teams roster talent. The tool examines and ranks every FBS team based on how the players on their current roster ranked coming out high school - meaning that transfers, dismissals and other departures/additions are all taken into account.

Clearly, the approach isn't all encompassing because key factors like player development, improper evaluation by recruiting services, and a team's coaching staff aren't considered. Still, I find it interesting to take a look at...

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=C-USA

image.png.4af8c50b6c874c47abf8640c288c9a25.png

I think we're all confident that we stack up with any of these squads but it's hard to argue against these being the class of the conference.

• Eye Roll 1

Go back and look at the rating for Mason Fine (.76), Hambone (.80), Muhammad (.75), Bussey Jr. (.79), etc...  That is why I love to look back at classes once they have been on campus for a while.  Dodge once put together a great class that never came together.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Go back and look at the rating for Mason Fine (.76), Hambone (.80), Muhammad (.75), Bussey Jr. (.79), etc...  That is why I love to look back at classes once they have been on campus for a while.  Dodge once put together a great class that never came together.

Sure it did!  ...Once McCarney got here.

• Upvote 3

The 2008 class was a group that I thought would really help us turn the corner.  There was excitement over the Dodge hire and then this class was put together.

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Season/2008-Football/Commits/

Cook, Horton, Edwards, Franklin, Brigham, Barrett, Rucker, etc...just washed out, barely played or never played but were highly rated.  The best out of this class were Rodge, Dunbar and Hamilton.

Edited by UNTLifer