Column: Why Khairi Muhammad shouldn’t be a team captain

Skipper

What a whiny bitch. Captains are there on and off the field, but if you can't praise someone for their growth in character after what some consider a bad judgment decision, there's no way for people to connect anymore. Have some faith, little college young'n. People grow up and change through mistakes, not successes.

• Upvote 8
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

Meanwhile a wide receiver at Texas is only sitting out one game after beong arrested for carrying a pistol without a license (surveillance showed he had racked a round into the chamber in public) and Kai Locksley is still on the team at UTEP after being arrested on weapons and drug (if I remember correctly) charges.  Yet people on this board thought that Khairi should be KICKED OFF THE TEAM FOR AN OFFENSIVE VIDEO ABOUT A RACCOON BEING KILLED.  Whoa man, that's some hardened criminal activity right there compared to all the other upstanding college football players out there /sarcasm.

Not only that, his experience can help guide other teammates to make better choices and be better people.

NT Daily is drivel.

• Upvote 8
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 5

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

I disagree with every point the author makes.  What a knucklehead.  He fits the definition of millennial.   

What do you think the definition of millennial is? Because the only definition I know is having been born between the mid 80s and mid 90s

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I disagree with every point the author makes.  What a knucklehead.  He fits the definition of millennial.   

I already have a down vote.  In fact, there are lots of down votes.  I guess the author is visiting our site. 🙂 

Yeah he's more than likely Gen Z, or maaaaaybe the very youngest of millenials.

Please don't lump me in with this guy 😒

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, meangreenthirteen said:

What do you think the definition of millennial is? Because the only definition I know is having been born between the mid 80s and mid 90s

I just did a little research and you're probably right.  Most likely this author is technically just outside of the millennial group.  Perhaps we can just call it the "Self entitled and idiot" generation. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, meangreenthirteen said:

Y'all stay mad. I love Khairi as a player but I don't hate this take. I expected a much bigger blowback from his whole incident and was surprised when the team and school sorta waved it off.

Maybe they will write an article on the revised fight song.  This take would be appropriate there.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

The article reflects the reality of today's society and its right to address unlawful behavior. You can not highlight only the good of a student/ athlete, but also poor choices as well. I'm sure there are many other teammates that would love to be a Team Captain. I'm sure there are many of his teammates that feel the sentiments of this article. 

Edited by American_Patriot
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

What a whiny bitch. Captains are there on and off the field, but if you can't praise someone for their growth in character after what some consider a bad judgment decision, there's no way for people to connect anymore. Have some faith, little college young'n. People grow up and change through mistakes, not successes.

Checkout the new Chapelle standup. He hits on the culture (of whiny bitches) today where people will find anything in your past to tear you down no matter how recent or long ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Am i to assume that most who have responded to this article in the very negative see no problem with someone being a part of and/or finding it amusing to watch and video animal cruelty/abuse? This wasn't something that happened 5 or 6 years ago. It was just a few months ago. Cruelty to animals is on the checklist of behaviors of sociopaths.......and chronic child abusers.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the player who was flagged for spitting on an opponents player?

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2