Jeff Wilson, Jr.

MeanGreenBuzz

1 hour ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

Reports are saying he’s the odd man out in SF. They will cut him after last preseason game and hope he clears waives to go on the practice squad. Do you think he clears waivers or picked up? Maybe the Cowboys will snag him if Zeke continues to hold out...

Reports are that McKinnon has re-aggravated an injury he was recovering from and that leaves Matt Breida and Tevin Coleman as the top options, with Jeff competing with Mostert for the third spot. Given what the '9ers had to deal with last year with running back injuries, I don't see why they wouldn't keep him at least on the practice squad for known depth. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Reports are that McKinnon has re-aggravated an injury he was recovering from and that leaves Matt Breida and Tevin Coleman as the top options, with Jeff competing with Mostert for the third spot. Given what the '9ers had to deal with last year with running back injuries, I don't see why they wouldn't keep him at least on the practice squad for known depth. 

I keep seeing Mostert as getting 3rd spot. I don’t see Jeff clearing waivers. Wondering where people think he might land?

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

I keep seeing Mostert as getting 3rd spot. I don’t see Jeff clearing waivers. Wondering where people think he might land?

Shame, I saw him play live against the Chiefs and thought he played well enough to at least earn the third spot. 

9 hours ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

Reports are saying he’s the odd man out in SF. They will cut him after last preseason game and hope he clears waives to go on the practice squad. Do you think he clears waivers or picked up? Maybe the Cowboys will snag him if Zeke continues to hold out...

Don't come to Dallas with them drafting Pollard, Zeke will return at some point because he has absolutely no leverage, etc...  Houston would be a good fit.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Jeff-Wilson-continues-strong-run-for-14401008.php

" Wilson opened eyes last year when the undrafted rookie from North Texas State had 266 yards and averaged 4.0 yards a carry in six late-season games "

Ugh.  Otherwise good article on him.  The extra size may get him the nod over Mostert.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Jeff-Wilson-continues-strong-run-for-14401008.php

" Wilson opened eyes last year when the undrafted rookie from North Texas State had 266 yards and averaged 4.0 yards a carry in six late-season games "

Ugh.  Otherwise good article on him.  The extra size may get him the nod over Mostert.

Frustrating, right? At least they fixed it.

to put this in perspective, we have been further removed from that name (31 years) for longer than we were actually called it (27 years, 1961-1988).

EDIT: I suppose if one wanted to defend the media, you could go much further back with that name and our association with it, if you simply disregarded the suffix (university, college, teachers college, etc)

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Frustrating, right? At least they fixed it.

to put this in perspective, we have been further removed from that name (31 years) for longer than we were actually called it (27 years, 1961-1988).

EDIT: I suppose if one wanted to defend the media, you could go much further back with that name and our association with it, if you simply disregarded the suffix (university, college, teachers college, etc)

He got it wrong on Twitter too.  I sent him a reminder to get with the 21st century. 

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Seriously?!  FFS!

15 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Sounds like Jerick McKinnon is headed to the the IR which can only help Wilson's chances of making the roster.  We will know for sure before too long but I thought Wilson impressed last year when given the chance. 

https://ninernoise.com/2019/08/30/49ers-jerick-mckinnon-ir-jeff-wilson-roster/

With them already keeping 3 QBs I don’t see them rostering 4 RB & a FB. They won’t cut Breida or Coleman so it comes down to Mostert and if they can slip him or Wilson through waivers easier. I have a feeling Wilson gets cut and quickly claimed off waivers by another team. Unfortunately/fortunately Houston looks like a likely option. I expect the Colts to cut Hedlund as well and he will get picked up too. Too bad the Cowboys didn’t have some foresight and sign him after the draft. He’s far better than the 2 they currently have kicking...