Are you serious?

Matt from A700

From Bleacher Report - 

Abilene Christian at North Texas, 7:30 p.m. ET
Abilene Christian is going nowhere fast, and North Texas should have one of the best scoring offenses in the country with Mason Fine (QB), Deandre Torrey (RB) and Rico Bussey Jr. (WR) all returning. The Mean Green could be awful on defense, though, so get ready for a lot of high-scoring games after this one.
Prediction: North Texas 60, Abilene Christian 21
  • Confused 1

Mean Green: 55

ACU: 10

31 - 0 halftime. I think our defense will create some turnovers early on and shut them out for a half. We will have some explosive plays on offense and will take advantage of the early turnovers. I do want to see more execution in the red zone on offense and close out our drives. I want to see the physicality of our defense especially with our linebackers and see our corners lock it down. I even want to see our kicker get a couple kicks in just to give me a peace of mind. Looking forward to watching all of this at Apogee on Saturday. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

From Bleacher Report - 

Abilene Christian at North Texas, 7:30 p.m. ET
Abilene Christian is going nowhere fast, and North Texas should have one of the best scoring offenses in the country with Mason Fine (QB), Deandre Torrey (RB) and Rico Bussey Jr. (WR) all returning. The Mean Green could be awful on defense, though, so get ready for a lot of high-scoring games after this one.
Prediction: North Texas 60, Abilene Christian 21

I hope that awful defense is reading these predictions.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ACUTrackfan said:

I can't imagine that any ACU football fan holds any hope of us beating UNT -- I was at the game at Troy when we beat them a few years ago and I never imagined we could stay close to them. We are not as woeful as some on the board might think (like our friend MCMLXXX just posted), but we are realistic about how we will do in this game. 

ACU's task is give the Mean Green enough of a game to keep from being embarrassed and keep their starters on the field longer than the UNT coaches wish to see them. I undoubtedly think you are better than the Baylor team we faced last year. But, this year's ACU team appears to be considerably better than last year's team that finally found its footing after the UIW game -- going 4-2 after that game. 

The current 20.5 point spread is actually being a little kinder to ACU than I might have expected. If we can keep it to 20 points, I will be thrilled. So, being biased toward ACU, I will hope for a 41-21 score. 

And, as you can tell from my moniker, I am a huge track and field fan. It this was a dual meet between the Mean Green and ACU track teams, it would be a completely different story, particularly for the men's team. 

Unfortunately we’ve had our share of games where the goal was “to keep from being embarrassed.”  It stinks, but it’s nice when you pull off the upset or at least give them a scare.  I don’t think either of those things happens Saturday and I agree that the 20.5 point spread is less than I would have expected.  

52-10

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2019 at 7:31 PM, adman said:

First ACU pass play - pick 6.

On 8/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, Jason Howeth said:

I'm just mad Vegas hasn't made a betting line for this game yet.

UNT: 48
ACU: 13

5 dimes has a betting line for this game. It started at UNT -19 1/2 and has gradually become wider. This morning it is UNT -22 1/2. https://www.5dimes.eu/news/odds/Football/College/

Edited by OscarWildeCat
  • Upvote 1

I gotta admit If we p (ACU) had UTEP or Rice or UTSA or maybe Western KY for our CUSA opponent I’d feel a lot better about our chances.

The Mean Green was the UTEP of the conference not that long ago. What y’all have done since the Portland State debacle year is pretty amazing. Kudos to Seth Littrell and all the coaches and players who have transformed your program. 

I’m counting on the game being closer than some of y’all imagine but you are rightly listed as a three TD favorite. 

• Upvote 2