Are you serious?

Matt from A700

3 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Three days before the game and still no score prediction thread? Gimme:

Mean Green 41
Mildcats 17

Hopefully Seth learns a lesson and pulls Mason after the third if/when it's 38-10, and get one of our backups some reps.

Vegas rarely gives odds on FBS vs. FCS matchups.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

So many variables to start the year...    We've not seen the new offense yet, we don't know if the new LBs can fill EJs/BGs shoes, can our CBs cover?

I expect a few growing pains in this first game as ACU is going to come in and give everything they've got while we truly use this game as a "tune-up".   Still, I expect a team with Mason Fine QB'ing against a FCS team should have the game put away by the 4th quarter.

NT: 41
ACU: 24

24 minutes ago, OscarWildeCat said:

ACU is 6-1 against the spread when playing FBS teams in the past seven 

Our offense is actually called "winning offense" not  "spread offense". See attachment...  

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/04/16/how-bodie-reeder-plans-to-build-winning-offense-at-north-texas?ref=article_preview_img

55-0

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I can't imagine that any ACU football fan holds any hope of us beating UNT -- I was at the game at Troy when we beat them a few years ago and I never imagined we could stay close to them. We are not as woeful as some on the board might think (like our friend MCMLXXX just posted), but we are realistic about how we will do in this game. 

ACU's task is give the Mean Green enough of a game to keep from being embarrassed and keep their starters on the field longer than the UNT coaches wish to see them. I undoubtedly think you are better than the Baylor team we faced last year. But, this year's ACU team appears to be considerably better than last year's team that finally found its footing after the UIW game -- going 4-2 after that game. 

The current 20.5 point spread is actually being a little kinder to ACU than I might have expected. If we can keep it to 20 points, I will be thrilled. So, being biased toward ACU, I will hope for a 41-21 score. 

And, as you can tell from my moniker, I am a huge track and field fan. It this was a dual meet between the Mean Green and ACU track teams, it would be a completely different story, particularly for the men's team. 

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, ACUTrackfan said:

untjim1995, I love your avatar pic! That would be the great Bill Blakeley -- ACU class of 1956 and a member of the ACU Sports Hall of Fame. Thanks for highlighting one of my favorite all-time Wildcats!!

Didn't realize he was an ACU alum.  Something tells me he might have been a handful as a student.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ACUTrackfan said:

And d, as you can tell from my moniker, I am a huge track and field fan. It this was a dual meet between the Mean Green and ACU track teams, it would be a completely different story, particularly for the men's team. 

The great Bobby Morrow trackster of ACU Fame!  We all loved ACU alum Bill Blakely. He was a card!

North Texas 42 💚 💜 ACU 17

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1