🤔 Questions About UNT’s Fabulous New Indoor Practice Facility

PlummMeanGreen

(1). What are it’s specs & dimensions?

(2) Will Green Brigade get to practice in it?

(3) What other varsity sports who might use it?

(4) Will True Greenblood engaged couples get to use it for their Weddings & Receptions? (Some venues I’ve DJ’d weddings rent out for $10K to $15K! (Daddy’s got the bucks)!😆

(5) Your own question(s)

❇️ On another front:  I was looking at Apogee’s architect (HKS) promotion page & description of their creation,ie, or as NFL Hall of Famer Gil Brandt called it—a Taj Mahal of a college football stadium; anyway, HKS has it seating only 29,000.  I remember RV originally wanted Apogee to be 35,000 capacity until budget cuts apparently changed that.  • 30,500 seems to be the capacity in most publications.  Maybe 29,000 actual seats, but Lordy, how many inside  all the luxury suites & where the buffets are set up?

No matter what, we have one helluva’ campus football stadium that was designed for expansion on the Student Section Side.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

54 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

(4) Will True Greenblood engaged couples get to use it for their Weddings & Receptions? (Some venues I’ve DJ’d weddings rent out for $10K to $15K! (Daddy’s got the bucks)!😆

(5) Your own question(s)

❇️ On another front:  I was looking at Apogee’s architect (HKS) promotion page & description of their creation,ie, (or as NFL Hall of Famer Gil Brandt called it) a Taj Mahal of a college football stadium); anyway, HKS has it seating only 29,000.  I remember RV originally wanted Apogee to be 35,000 capacity until budge cuts apparently changed that.  • 30,500 seems to be the capacity in most publications .

No matter what, we have one helluva’ campus football stadium that was designed for expansion on the Student Section Side.

GMG!

On the bright side...if it only holds 29K officially, we have already sold it out twice!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

(5) Your own question(s)

❇️ On another front:  I was looking at Apogee’s architect (HKS) promotion page & description of their creation,ie, (or as NFL Hall of Famer Gil Brandt called it) a Taj Mahal of a college football stadium); anyway, HKS has it seating only 29,000.  I remember RV originally wanted Apogee to be 35,000 capacity until budge cuts apparently changed that.  • 30,500 seems to be the capacity in most publications .

GMG!

(1) approximately 196′ wide X 426′ long with a minimum clearance height of 55′ for place kicking.

(2) can the o-line use a music practice room for drills?  It is an athletics building that will be used by the various teams first.  After that I am sure they will allow the band to use it.  Acoustics will be horrible as it is almost all hard scape.

(3) All sports will have access. It is football focused and it has features for track (sand pits and sprinting lanes) and soccer.  Not sure it is well fitted for golf.  

(4) For enough money and a high enough donation, everything is possible.  Hell I am sure that if you wanted too consummate the marriage on the 50 yard line they could make it happen, again for enough money...

(5) I have no questions.

I agree that we have a top notch facility that can expand!

Edited by ipd054
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1