SMUt news

Marty

Shane Buechele didn't turn the ball over one time the entire fall camp, Dykes said of his starting quarterback. The transfer in his first season quickly won over teammates, even though he didn't even compete in spring ball. In fact, he actually came up from Austin several times after taking classes to watch practice and talk with future teammates. Recently, Buechele was elected captain -- the only non-senior to get the honor.

12 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Shane Buechele didn't turn the ball over one time the entire fall camp, Dykes said of his starting quarterback. The transfer in his first season quickly won over teammates, even though he didn't even compete in spring ball. In fact, he actually came up from Austin several times after taking classes to watch practice and talk with future teammates. Recently, Buechele was elected captain -- the only non-senior to get the honor.

black cat filing nails GIF

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Is this Buechele GOOD? or show how bad the SMU defense is?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

He played 3 years at UT. Isn’t this his senior year?  I wish him nothing but the best, just not against us. GMG!

15 minutes ago, Felozano said:

He played 3 years at UT. Isn’t this his senior year?  I wish him nothing but the best, just not against us. GMG!

Because of the revised NCAA rules, a player can play in up to four games and still have it count as a redshirt year. This revision started this past season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought my tickets for this game yesterday. I can't wait. This will be my first UNT game since the 2013 bowl game. Life took over after college. I moved about 1.5 hours away, had kids, and work nights and weekends. I've requested time off for this game since I have some seniority now but even if I don't get the time off, I'll be at the game. I'll just go to work tired after. Win or lose it'll be a night to remember. I went to every home game in college except for when my brother got married which was Dunbar's last game in green. I can't wait to go to this game and I'll be taking my brother with me. GMG.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

Sounds like a fun Week 1 for the boys in Dallas...

SMU at Arkansas State, 7 p.m. ET

This will be a tough debut for SMU's graduate transfer from Texas, Shane Buechele. The former Longhorns quarterback will need to lead his new offense on the road against what might be the best defense in the Sun Belt. Arkansas State held each of its final five opponents to 17 points or fewer and gets back most of its starters. It's SMU's dreadful defense that will be the story here, though.

Prediction: Arkansas State 38, SMU 35

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2850700-college-football-picks-week-1-predictions-for-every-game#slide7

• Upvote 1