"Official" (?) Cal Travel/Event Plans Thread

Matt from A700

The Graduate is about two blocks south of the campus and about the same distance to the stadium.  My parking space is in a university lot a block away so I know it is a very central location.    If you get there about 1.5 hours before kickoff, stop by the student union and you will see and hear the Cal Band perform on the Sproul Hall steps before marching up to the stadium.   The campus is located on a slight uphill up to the stadium so bring your walking shoes.   Saturday looks beautiful, as it usually is in the Bay Area and it may be in the high 70s, which is warm for this time of the year.   We drive from Sacramento, like thousands of others, as we are about 80 miles away to the east so it is mostly a nice 1.5 to 2.0 hour trip one-way.  The only really scruffy area around campus is at People's Park so make sure you don't park there.

Enjoy your stay in the Bay Area.

5 hours ago, kingwoodgreen said:

We are coming in from Houston on Thursday and staying at the Claremont with another alum from Denton.  Was thinking of a gathering at the graduate hotel. I was told they have a nice patio maybe pre or post game. I think the location is good for campus and the stadium 

They have a whole outside area in their parking lot for games.  It’s a nice place to go pregame, but can get quite busy.  Great location, near the stadium.  Right next to top dog (famous hot dog and sausage joint) too.  I believe they also rent out tents pregame to large parties too and provide food and booze.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, northtexassigep said:

Soo back to cal plans. Looks like a lot of the bars will be closed before the game Saturday. Is there a place y’all have talked about going in the morning or is everyone just going to wing it? I wish unt was doing something official on game day instead of just the night before.

Guess we have to crash a frat house.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, northtexassigep said:

Soo back to cal plans. Looks like a lot of the bars will be closed before the game Saturday. Is there a place y’all have talked about going in the morning or is everyone just going to wing it? I wish unt was doing something official on game day instead of just the night before.

Henry’s should be open.   Pappy’s and Kip’s too.   Jupiter won’t open early for games which I’ve always found to be throwing away money..  faculty club will be open early too.

Edited by oski
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, northtexassigep said:

Hope to meet up somewhere on game day. Beta Theta 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Gotta try  me a Top Dog some time?

Rick

it's a berkeley institution and is actually quite good.  The one on durant next to the stadium gets quite busy on game days, but it's pretty fast moving.   i would not go to fat slice if you are looking for some quick food.  it's awful pizza.

• Upvote 2