Jalen Guyton?

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

He has a shot at the practice squad.  The knock on him is his route running ability.  I don't think staying another year at UNT would have helped him much in that regard.  Give  him a year on the practice squard to work on his skills would be a big benefit to him. 

Route running is exactly a reason to stay another year. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

41 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Route running is exactly a reason to stay another year. 

If he hadn't improved much in two seasons I don't he would have improved much with one more.  I don't think the route running requirements for our offense (and just about every college offense) requires the preciseness that an NFL receiver needs. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

If he hadn't improved much in two seasons I don't he would have improved much with one more.  I don't think the route running requirements for our offense (and just about every college offense) requires the preciseness that an NFL receiver needs. 

Precision is exactly what separates Harrell’s offense from others. That was my understanding anyways.

48 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Precision is exactly what separates Harrell’s offense from others. That was my understanding anyways.

Maybe that's why Guyton didn't have more success at UNT because of his route running.  It would really help him to get on someone's practice squad and have a year to really focus on it.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Sad to see so may being negative. Hopefully he catches on with the Cowboys or another team. If not, maybe the CFL or XFL

I don’t view it as negative so much as just realistic.  I think everyone wants the best for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1