• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
SigmaGreen

Andrew Luck Retiring

There’s a couple of good quarterbacks predicted to declare for the NFL after this year. Have the Colts been to one of our practices? Could they maybe want Mason?

Mason has a lot of grit like Andrew too.  

Edited by SigmaGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, SigmaGreen said:

I think Mason's grit is 5x that of Luck's.  I thought it was super odd that Luck couldn't play football for months because of leg cramps and an ankle problem.  I was like, really?  Turns out from ESPN tonight it says "Luck said on July 30 that he wouldn't return until he was 100 percent healthy, with part of the reason being he still had "emotional scars" from the 2017 season".  That says it all right there.  Who is ever 100% healthy in the NFL?!  Heck, you have hockey players playing with broken toes, collapsed lung, etc and this guy can't play cuz his leg doesn't feel good?  Meanwhile, Mason is out playing on 1 leg against Utah State and wants to keep playing.  I normally don't question athlete injuries but Luck has just seemed kind of wheels off 3 of the last 4 years.

Edited by vpackrats
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

11 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

I think Mason's grit is 5x that of Luck's.  I thought it was super odd that Luck couldn't play football for months because of leg cramps and an ankle problem.  I was like, really?  Turns out from ESPN tonight it says "Luck said on July 30 that he wouldn't return until he was 100 percent healthy, with part of the reason being he still had "emotional scars" from the 2017 season".  That says it all right there.  Who is ever 100% healthy in the NFL?!  Heck, you have hockey players playing with broken toes, collapsed lung, etc and this guy can't play cuz his leg doesn't feel good?  Meanwhile, Mason is out playing on 1 leg against Utah State and wants to keep playing.  I normally don't question athlete injuries but Luck has just seemed kind of wheels off 3 of the last 4 years.

I can not argue this statement at all!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'd like a full multi-variate matrix breakdown on Moxie, Heart, Grit, Stick-to-it-iveness, Gumption, Coachonthefieldishness, Character, Scrappiness, Guts, Spunk, Pluck, and Unmeasurables. 

Where does Fine stack up to Luck, Prescott, and others? How do we balance our rankings of the unquantifiable? If Mason has more grit than Luck, but less pluck and an undetermined relative proportion of gumption... Can the Colts really slot him in as their presumptive QB of the future?

If Kyler Murray has a successful rookie season, do we need to update our WHATABOUTBREESANDFLUTIE sirens to include him, too? 

Lots of questions out there. Haven't heard from the Mountain time zone... Let's light up those phones, Rockies! 

11 hours ago, vpackrats said:

I don't understand why people think athletes should run their bodies into the ground with irreparable trauma. For what? To please a bunch of hooting fans in the stands and on social media? I have no doubt that Andrew Luck loves the game, but it's still a means to an end. He made money, and he wants to move on with his life. If only we all could be so lucky to retire at 29

• Upvote 10
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

I have no problem at all with an athlete walking away to present his/her health.

What I don’t quite understand is the timing right before the season starts. I don’t follow the NFL so I don’t know the story here, but seems like stepping away before the draft puts your team in a better place. Did Indy draft a QB?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

The fact that I'm seeing so many people on Twitter with actual anger towards Luck is both appalling and disgusting. The opinion that he "quit" on the Colts is apparently widely held, which is despicable, and he got booed out of Lucas Oil tonight. Awful.

I mean he literally did quit on them soo.....

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 10

11 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I'd like a full multi-variate matrix breakdown on Moxie, Heart, Grit, Stick-to-it-iveness, Gumption, Coachonthefieldishness, Character, Scrappiness, Guts, Spunk, Pluck, and Unmeasurables. 

Where does Fine stack up to Luck, Prescott, and others? How do we balance our rankings of the unquantifiable? If Mason has more grit than Luck, but less pluck and an undetermined relative proportion of gumption... Can the Colts really slot him in as their presumptive QB of the future?

If Kyler Murray has a successful rookie season, do we need to update our WHATABOUTBREESANDFLUTIE sirens to include him, too? 

Lots of questions out there. Haven't heard from the Mountain time zone... Let's light up those phones, Rockies! 

None of this matters until we measure his lunch pail.

• Haha 2

Luck has millions in his account and a Stanford degree to fuel his life after football.  Let him do what he wants.

If Mason Fine left the NFL with millions to pursue life after football at a Mean Green office desk, would we be saying the same things?

But I’m with @97and03: the timing is awful for the Colts.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

. . . the timing is awful for the Colts.

Who knows?  Maybe this sets up perfect for them to have a "Suck for Fine" season.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Who knows?  Maybe this sets up perfect for them to have a "Suck for Fine" season.

I think Mason's best shot will be where is can come in a developing backup. I really think New Orleans would be a good place for him to land.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

If Mason Fine left the NFL with millions to pursue life after football at a Mean Green office desk, would we be saying the same things?

If he retired right before the start of the regular season, yes.  He did his team dirty by not coming out sooner with this announcement.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Fine will be a 6th-7th round pick at best. The Colts will have their eyes set on Herbert from Oregon or Lock from Mizzou instead.

Big if true

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Fine will be a 6th-7th round pick at best. The Colts will have their eyes set on Herbert from Oregon or Lock from Mizzou instead.

They better start trading for Lock then I suppose. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

If he retired right before the start of the regular season, yes.  He did his team dirty by not coming out sooner with this announcement.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

The timing stunk but I am glad that he got out before his brain was scrambled or his knees were so damaged that he could not walk right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Huff said:

The timing stunk but I am glad that he got out before his brain was scrambled or his knees were so damaged that he could not walk right.

Considering he has had one concussion and zero knee injuries, I think you may be on to something. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

20 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

There’s a couple of good quarterbacks predicted to declare for the NFL after this year. Have the Colts been to one of our practices? Could they maybe want Mason?

According to SL's tweet they have been out there, but I think Jacoby Brissett is the real deal. I think he'll do pretty good for them.

image.png.92654388cefb7c5530649087f4cd8143.png

4 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

So instead of applauding him for focusing on his health and safety we're going to criticize him for not deciding to give up the game he's dedicated his life to sooner? This is an atrocious take. 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2