Andrew Luck Retiring

SigmaGreen

53 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

So instead of applauding him for focusing on his health and safety we're going to criticize him for not deciding to give up the game he's dedicated his life to sooner?

I'm just saying if I was his teammate, coach, gm, etc, I would feel blindsided, especially this close to the opening of the season.  I sincerely doubt this most recent injury had him do a 180 and completely change his mind about playing. I bet he's been thinking about retiring for most of the off season.  He could have at least clued someone in the organization in that he was thinking this, especially given his injury history.

58 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

This is an atrocious take. 

He's made over $100 million with (I think) $19 million guaranteed in 2019.  He could at least ride the pine with his injury and help advise Brissett for the year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Yes it is wonderful for Luck to put himself first.....however, other than retiring in the middle of a game, is there a worse time for a starting quarterback to retire? Even Barry Sanders was thoughtful enough to leave in July and he hated the Lions. This at least gave them a chance to try to fill the hole before camp with Greg Hill.

36 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Brissett is 5-12 as a starter. Not to say he isn't capable, but I think his role in the NFL is that of a backup. 

The 2017 team was very bad. I wish him "luck" (pun intended), but look for them to try and find another option via trade or waivers.