Andrew Luck Retiring

SigmaGreen

1 hour ago, SigmaGreen said:

Mason has a lot of grit like Andrew too.  

I think Mason's grit is 5x that of Luck's.  I thought it was super odd that Luck couldn't play football for months because of leg cramps and an ankle problem.  I was like, really?  Turns out from ESPN tonight it says "Luck said on July 30 that he wouldn't return until he was 100 percent healthy, with part of the reason being he still had "emotional scars" from the 2017 season".  That says it all right there.  Who is ever 100% healthy in the NFL?!  Heck, you have hockey players playing with broken toes, collapsed lung, etc and this guy can't play cuz his leg doesn't feel good?  Meanwhile, Mason is out playing on 1 leg against Utah State and wants to keep playing.  I normally don't question athlete injuries but Luck has just seemed kind of wheels off 3 of the last 4 years.

Edited by vpackrats
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

11 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

I think Mason's grit is 5x that of Luck's.  I thought it was super odd that Luck couldn't play football for months because of leg cramps and an ankle problem.  I was like, really?  Turns out from ESPN tonight it says "Luck said on July 30 that he wouldn't return until he was 100 percent healthy, with part of the reason being he still had "emotional scars" from the 2017 season".  That says it all right there.  Who is ever 100% healthy in the NFL?!  Heck, you have hockey players playing with broken toes, collapsed lung, etc and this guy can't play cuz his leg doesn't feel good?  Meanwhile, Mason is out playing on 1 leg against Utah State and wants to keep playing.  I normally don't question athlete injuries but Luck has just seemed kind of wheels off 3 of the last 4 years.

I can not argue this statement at all!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I have no problem at all with an athlete walking away to present his/her health.

What I don’t quite understand is the timing right before the season starts. I don’t follow the NFL so I don’t know the story here, but seems like stepping away before the draft puts your team in a better place. Did Indy draft a QB?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

The fact that I'm seeing so many people on Twitter with actual anger towards Luck is both appalling and disgusting. The opinion that he "quit" on the Colts is apparently widely held, which is despicable, and he got booed out of Lucas Oil tonight. Awful.

I mean he literally did quit on them soo.....

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 10

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

If Mason Fine left the NFL with millions to pursue life after football at a Mean Green office desk, would we be saying the same things?

If he retired right before the start of the regular season, yes.  He did his team dirty by not coming out sooner with this announcement.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Huff said:

The timing stunk but I am glad that he got out before his brain was scrambled or his knees were so damaged that he could not walk right.

Considering he has had one concussion and zero knee injuries, I think you may be on to something. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

20 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

There’s a couple of good quarterbacks predicted to declare for the NFL after this year. Have the Colts been to one of our practices? Could they maybe want Mason?

Mason has a lot of grit like Andrew too.  

According to SL's tweet they have been out there, but I think Jacoby Brissett is the real deal. I think he'll do pretty good for them.

image.png.92654388cefb7c5530649087f4cd8143.png

4 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

If he retired right before the start of the regular season, yes.  He did his team dirty by not coming out sooner with this announcement.

So instead of applauding him for focusing on his health and safety we're going to criticize him for not deciding to give up the game he's dedicated his life to sooner? This is an atrocious take. 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

The fact that I'm seeing so many people on Twitter with actual anger towards Luck is both appalling and disgusting. The opinion that he "quit" on the Colts is apparently widely held, which is despicable, and he got booed out of Lucas Oil tonight. Awful.

When you finally quit watching and being concerned with both professional and semi-pro (P5) sports/teams , you'll be amazed at how much better your life is (and how much more free time you have).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3